Vantage AD-14 prototype info

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Hi I have a Vantage AD-14 prototype and I was wondering if anyone has any info on it. e.g. a manual, tech specs, what the two bottom knobs do, maybe an advertisement blurb from an old MD mag, etc.. the bottom left turns the unit on and you would think is volume control but it is not.

What I do know about the unit is that it has dual discriminating circuits (two top knobs), a toggle button switch on the grip, a pinpoint button on the grip and it is supposedly compatible with fisher coils from that era. Also, they had two models, the AD-11 and the AD-14, supposedly the bigger the # the deeper it went.

Pics are here:

http://gjy.us/ad-14

As you can see, the prototype doesn't have markings on the knobs :). Also, it's quite a bit of circuitry in there, eh?

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember anything about them except we had one dealer in the U.K. (North Wales Detectors) and they closed down years back and they were sold by KellyCo in the States at one time.
Thinking about it I think Monte posted something a year or two back about Advantage and Pillar. As Pillar was a Tesoro clone it might have been on the Tesoro forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions