Looking for info on Vector Trek Detectors

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Save your money for something that is made by the major manufactures for better quality and reliability.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to visit the manufactures websites to study the models to see which ones meet your hunting areas. As for brands, stick with Garrett, Whites, Tesoro and Minelab. As for range, you nust mean depth as range doesn't enter into metal detecting.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
country_ck said:
I have searched and not been able to find anyone with useful info. If anyone has one or seen one in action, please let me know your opinion. Thanks Chris

I own 3: a Si-Go, a Mini Eliminator II, and a PDF-1000. Pure garbage. Click here to find out what these things are really all about, especially read the Q&A in the Info section, and the Reports including the Mini Eliminator.

- Carl

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Because Carl-NC is a big Metal Detector collector. Joe

OP
OP
C

country_ck

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2008
MONTANA
What detector or type of detector has the best depth? I don't what to be detecting around an old farm house and miss something.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
country_ck said:
Why would you have 3 of them then. If the 1st was garbage why not quit.

Good question! Yes, I collect detectors (esp. vintage) but I also collect fraudulent LRLs. I have about 30 of them, and I test them, dissect them, and write reports on them to warn other buyers of the scams. It's a free public service.

country_ck said:
What detector or type of detector has the best depth? I don't what to be detecting around an old farm house and miss something.

Old farm house = lots & lots of iron. Look for a detector that has good iron discrimination, or plan to dig a lot. Sorry, I no longer give particular recommendations.

- Carl

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I really like the way the X-Terra 70 nulls out the iron. You can tell when you run over an iron object because the threshold nulls out over targets that have been notched out. Running in pattern one, the iron is notched, but the coins and jewelry give great signals. In all metal mode, the iron give a very clear low tone and the VDI confirms it.

Good hunting, John k

OP
OP
C

country_ck

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2008
MONTANA
I just bought a Bounty Hunter Cabelas Treasure Hunter for $75. The Guy didn't use it. I used it around an old homestead, nulled out the Iron and the only objects it picked up was iron (old tin, bullet casings, etc) It showed all of those items as being viable object in both sweeping directions. Is my techique just bad. Any info is great.

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
country_ck said:
nulled out the Iron and the only objects it picked up was iron (old tin, bullet casings, etc)

Tin and brass are not iron. If you want the goodies you'll have to dig those types of signals.

kaligula

Jun 22, 2013
Can anyone sand me user manuel for some model of vector trek, I would like for pdf-1000, but it can be and for some other model,. I think it's not a garbage if you know to work with it, but still some details are confusing me, so PLEASE if somebody can sand me user manuel on my mail

[email protected]

Thanks

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Country,

Look around on TNet, there is a ton of information about which detector is best for what situation. My Opinion, is the good/descent detectors seem to start around $500 new. Not that you can't find stuff with cheapers ones, you just won't get the depth, nor discrimiation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread