WHERE is Dry Zulch, TX??

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was 16, back in the mid '60's, I ran away to TX.... for a week. While hitchiking back, my brother and I went through a town, Dry Zulch. It was on the period maps.... but no more. The street was still dirt and had boardwalks, Just like in the western movies!. The diner had a tile entrance that said "bank". Neat. Any of you Texas cowpunchers help me out with where Dry Zulch was? It would have been on the highway (before interstates) between Galveston and East Texas State U. (Commerce,TX). Any help would be nice. Maybe someone can find a period map. TTC

Upvote 0

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
You will probably not find it. I have looked for it myself and finally gave up. I even got some old Texas road maps and found nothing of it. The problem is I have found three references to it from different sources but have not been able to locate where it was. There is a Zultch but from what I can figure from the references it is not the same place. One reference was found at the Library in Dallas but was just a mention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread