new to detecting in Hopkinsville, KY

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Welcome to the forum and I cant help you where your located.
Just read through the forum and look for beginner tips.
This place has a lot of extreemly knowledgible folks here.

K

Kentucky Kache

Have you ever heard of Bennettstown or Garrettsburg? These are near ghost towns in Christian County.

Also there was Civil War action in your area. At your library, and online you should be able to find battle maps.

Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
N

nprouse

Greenie
Jul 21, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Thanks for the information about those two towns. I actually live about 8 miles from Bennettstown and never knew of its location. I went by there yesterday and got permission from one of the owners to dig this afternoon. He said that someone was there a long time ago but only found some old horse shoes. I hope to do better than that but I am hunting with a White's Prizm II and not sure if it is a reliable or good metal detector to be using. Do you have an opinion of the Prizm II? Also how did you find out about those two ghost towns? Thanks once again for all of your help.

K

Kentucky Kache

"A guide to treasure in Kentucky" by Michael Paul Henson. Lots of good info in there. Be sure and post pics of your finds.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the Prizm ll.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
been to your town. i think i would go all over down town . by the feed mill rr tracks etc. hh

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to a great hobby. Be careful because this hobby can be very addicting ;D.

If you've never read Thomas Dankowski's "Fisher Intelligence" go to the below site and give it a read. You can download it for free. It has some great information for anyone that metal detects.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/

HH Randy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions