Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my new F2 arrived from Kellco defective.

This is my first ever dealings with them I really don't expect any troubles. (knock on wood)

As you can see there are bare wires at the coil.

Overall my first out of the box impression was "it's made out of plastic."

It very light and stiff and well balanced with no rattles or odd movements.

I don't plan on using it until I hear from Kellco, too bad thought because in the morning I'm going to an old park that's always been good to me. I'm going to hunt along the bushes and fence lines.

78b13e7e.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I contacted Kellco and at first they said that wasn't a defect and it was OK.

I told them I wasn't born yesterday. So they had to call me back and after a 1/2 hour I received their call and they told me to return it and gave me a bunch of numbers to put on the package.

So here's my situation I can go to all the hassle of returning it or put a little sealer on it and call it good.

I took it out to my test garden and it performed ok and I can't wait to get out into the field and give it a work out.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
send it back, you start messing with it an then your going to be stuck with it if you have more problems, thats a bad area to have bare wires.....

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should call them and have them send you a new coil.. Return the defective one once you recieve the new one that way you won't be without the detector..

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with cosmic...looks like just the coil, why send the whole machine?
Send them a pic and from my understanding, Kellyco is pretty cool to deal with.
Al

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
As usual you need to get ahold of Kellyco Chick as she is on this Website. She will take care of it!! Do not void the warranty by messing with it. Or call them and ask for Kellyco Chick. You paid for a new detector, get a new detector. Get what you paid for. Just my 2 cents.

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Amen, don't mess with it, send it back. You will regret the simple quick fix in the long run, you don't want water in your coil 6 months form now because a pinhole opened up on the other side because of an air bubble... sadly because of a glaring defect in material/workmanship on a Fisher. Get er replaced with factory new. I can't believe they said at first it wasn't a defect!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Send it back ......I was going to buy a Fisher used a few weeks ago but then i see how thier customer service and quality control and repair service has been ...........So no fisher for me..................

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send it back you paid a good price for a new machine and should get it in perfect condition.I got a cz-21 water machine a couple weeks back and first time out after an hour water got in the battery compartment. Batteries came installed and I never opened the machine

I like the machine but after much consideration and research on the "new fisher" I decided against the fisher. I am afraid of problems later with them and the fisher repair support in general. Folks are having a hard time getting the older fishers fixed and its way expensive. If fisher had bought first Texas I would probably go out and buy a BH. But since they bought fisher...well I won't be the guinea pig...sorry all you BH fans. Just my opinion.

Now when you send it back to Kellyco expect a delay because once they get it back its sits there for awhile until they get around to checking it in and then shipping out your new one. They told me it takes a while for there returns department to get through. At least this is the experience I had with a coil that was shipped to me wrong.

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
It will probably take 1-2 years for the Fisher brand to feel the effects of shoddy parts/workmanship on their bottom line, but they will feel it. Then it will take 5-10 years to turn it around, if ever.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was going to cost me another $25 to send the whole thing back, and wait.

I went out to the hardware store and the owner helped me find the right epoxy to seal it.

$5 and 30 mins and it was fixed.

I've been looking it over today and it is toy like. It's nothing like my White's.

I hope it performs, I'll post after a few days with it.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it shouldn't of cost you anything to send it back and its Kellyco's job to make things right. I can understand not wanting to wait because it is a new toy. But what happens if you have problems a few months down the road or when the warranty is up? I really couldn't take that chance if it had been me.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Jim Hemmingway said:
Sorry to hear about your defective unit Blockhead. After all the controversy surrounding a different high priced model for so long, you'd like to think the manufacturer would under no circumstances, allow poor quality control to continue. Yet, there does continue to be routine complaints regarding build quality here and elsewhere. Just check out the specific forums. Do these folks not realize the damage to their reputation? Or are sales booming anyway?

Just the other day, the weather sealing suddenly began falling off in strips from my 75's meter for no apparent reason. The body wiggles on the rod unless you set the arm cuff just so. It's the last time I'll purchase anything from them. Meanwhile, I cannot convey the relief and satisfaction I felt when I opened up the box containing my new MXT300. Even my wife, a non-detectorist, was impressed by the quality, professional look and build of the White's unit. There are many things I do like about my 75, but build quality is not one of them. That's the plain and simple truth.

Jim.

In my opinion, White's has the best made upper end machines on the market. I can't say all White's machines, though. I don't like the prism series. I'm not fond of the plastic housing, and lack of search coil selection on the Prism series. They had a proven series with the Classics and the IDX, but flushed them for more bells and whistles.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told I had to return it at my cost.

I just wanted them to send me a coil and I'd send the old one back.

I figured that not dealing with the hassle factor was worth voiding the warranty.

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim Hemmingway said:
Hey Blockhead,

Should you ever require servicing to your unit, I'd just send it in to Fisher, and say nothing about the little repair job on the coil that you performed. Isn't the longer term warranty with Fisher? If it happens to be the coil that goes on you, tell 'em the truth...if they inquire. They still might fix it, then again maybe not. Point being, the deed is done now, so you've got nothin' to lose.

Jim.

Very true:

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm sorry I am late to the party. I do apologize that you had to go through all this trouble to get your defective machine fixed. If your fix doesn't work for long please contact me personally and I'll get it handled for you. I am not sure why they didn't just have it sent back at no cost to you since it is a defective machine but next time contact me and I'll get it taken care of.
Thanks,
Kellyco Chick

OP
OP
Coin Digger

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KellycoChick said:
Hello! I'm sorry I am late to the party. I do apologize that you had to go through all this trouble to get your defective machine fixed. If your fix doesn't work for long please contact me personally and I'll get it handled for you. I am not sure why they didn't just have it sent back at no cost to you since it is a defective machine but next time contact me and I'll get it taken care of.
Thanks,
Kellyco Chick

Thank You
I don't think I'll have any troubles with the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread