Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as with detectors the headphones we choose to use depends on the individuals hearing and the application. Tack on head shapes, comfort, ambient noise, hearing requirements and even color of the ear cups and there are many variables. Basically you get what you pay for.

I personally like the Black Widows, Grey Ghosts, Killer B's, Jolly Roger's, all premium phones. I am not a snob, I need and enjoy the extra quality of tiny sounds that the others don't have. I like any color but Blaze Orange.

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I agree with the above. I have Black Widows and really like them. If possible, try several different brands and see which has the sound and fit you like the best. Just about any of the quality headphone work very well. You get what you pay for.

Good hunting, John K

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
I've tried Garrett premiums,Koss QZ99's and 2 different models of Grey Ghosts.The Grey Ghosts are by far the clearest,cleanest sound,to me.The Garretts were way better than than the Koss .

dl_mooney

Jun 26, 2008
I use Gray Ghost original phones ($89 & change),not the cheapest but not the most expensive.Work great. dl_mooney BH Time Ranger

OP
OP
R

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Thanks for the info! I am still using a set of Accusound headphones that came with a detector I bought from Kellyco back in the late 80s so maybe it is time for new ones!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I don't like headphones that block out all the noise - I like to be able to somewhat "hear" what is going on around me. Therefore the smaller behind the neck Sony's work well (Walmart, Bestbuy) for about $20. It's also nice if you can get a volume control on the headphones.....

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
I just picked up a new pair. Their called SkullCandy and they are what the skateboarders and the likes use. They have a 3 meter cord with a volume control, extra leather ear pads, 50ohms rating, and a lifetime warranty for $48.00 at radio shack. I really like these alot. Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions