Other wise... good looking card!

Thom

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I agree with Old Dog on the "Can find any lost item". You may want to reconsider that one....That aside, Great Looking card! Very professional looking.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use "Previously identified items, if found, happily returned"..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also lose the, "All holes are filled and treated with care." You don't even want to mention holes!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
LoL !

Sandman is right!

Folks would just as soon believe targets are recovered by magic.

I'd just as soon say "Expert Recovery" and leave it at that...

Start slow and easy, with shallow targets and refill so not noticeable so you can show them...

Then you can later say, 'Well, that one was deeper and a bit more difficult, but you won't notice it after the first time the turf is watered."

or something like that... ;D

Best

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I added the detectorist's code of ethics to the back of my card. And yes I have had many people read them and ask questions. It got on person to say yes when they were leaning toward no.

Nice card, agree on the one line, almost looks like a guarantee.

gargamel

Greenie
Aug 15, 2008
Elba, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
pennyfarmer said:
I just thought I would like to get some feedback on my business card that I just designed. I know there is at least one other thread on here about cards but I was not sure where it went to.

Here goes.
Maybe you should say "I can find anything of metal" or "I meddle in metal". Good idea and good card, good luck and HH.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
If you really want to use that particular line you can maybe say "I can try to find any kind of metal".....that still leaves you an escape clause if you dont find the item

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a question. Are you going to detect for a few dollars or is the purpose of the card to introduce yourself and get property to detect?

If it is to find for money, all information is good. Mention holes, taking care of property, and say you find everything.

If it is to introduce and get property, don,t mention treasure or even jewelry. Don,t mention digging. You don,t want this card to scare a property owner, just contact info and a little more info, you want to talk with this guy in person to get permission.

It could be you want two different cards. I suggest customizing the cards to get what you want, and make more than one. I have three now. I make and print mt own on my computer. It is easy.

Ed D.

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect,

It is for both aspects of the hobby. I shied away from putting prices because if I am going to take money it is very negotiable.

I didn't want to have too many different cards but I think there is a happy medium. I would mostly use it to introduce myself and also to offer assistance if the property owner knows of someone that could use the help.

I appreciate all of the suggestions that everyone has offered. I will also make a few changes and update the card.

Thanks,
John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My opinion: A card is a very good way to go but....Yours is too "busy". Remember, many older people will answer the door without their specks. If the writing is too small, most will give it back instead of reading it. An advertising axiom: less is best. A short catchy line is better than a long dissertation. Set up some practice cards, one sheet at a time, on your computer. Buy the card stock at an Office Max or Staples. make several different ones, each a little different. Go to friends and complete strangers. Ask them to pick the best one. And then also ask for any changes they can suggest. The more people you canvas, the better the card will get! BONUS: you will also generate detecting leads without even trying! Try it. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread