Group hunts. Why go?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hello

This post is for those of you out there looking at group hunts and thinking to yourself, "Man that looks like fun!" And then do nothing about it.

Well let me ask you a few questions.

1. Do you like to hunt with a buddy?
2. Do you like having someone who appreciates what you find nearby?
3. Do you like a little friendly competition?
4. Do you like good company and food?
5. Do you like having a great time?

Then a group hunt is for you!!! I attended my first one last year and was very nervous about going to it. I didn't know anyone, I wasn't very good at detecting and I was basically afraid I was going to make a fool of myself. But I found out that just like on the forum here, the people are great people and so helpful in person!

So if you haven't gotten up the nerve to go to a hunt take a chance and have some fun. Oh yeah and there's a good chance you might end up with a nice prize or two and some memories that will last a lifetime.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eagle,
The group hunt is the way to go, if you ask me! Not just the "event" hunts but also the hunters in your neighborhood or city too. I've been hunting more than 30 years. Back to the BFO days! Alpha105, a new guy, wanted a hunting buddy/mentor. I contacted him... he contacted JimB..... TimC threw in... Tlzkaasen... Bing-badda-boom... now we are ten! Also, Shane was detecting in front of the apt I live in. He knew TimC and I because we are active on this net but did not know we lived there. Hunting buddies are EVERYWHERE! We all are bringing something to the group and learning from others in the group. It just makes sense to hunt together. I totally agree on the group hunt. TTC

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
both are cool,lone wolfing or groups,but seeded hunts?no thanks,rather find and dig my own targets,not knowing what ya find is half the fun for me,its like opening a christmas present,ya just never know

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
The only way I think a seeded hunt would be a good idea is if you have a lot of new people learning to detect.

That way you could help them find a good keeper target while helping them learn their machine better.

I guess a seeded hunt would be OK as long as you know that you were getting into it.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
bomber said:
both are cool,lone wolfing or groups,but seeded hunts?no thanks,rather find and dig my own targets,not knowing what ya find is half the fun for me,its like opening a christmas present,ya just never know

I really thought you were going to say 'like a box of chocolates' and I can't stand that!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thank you.

I know that there are lots of treasure hunters out there that read this forum and they are missing out on a great ADVENTURE by not going to a group hunt.

The stuff I learned and the stories I heard from the guys and gals at the hunt were more valuable than I could imagine. And I also got lots of good ideas on where to hunt and how to research those sites and how to get permission.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mastereagle22 said:
Thank you.

I know that there are lots of treasure hunters out there that read this forum and they are missing out on a great ADVENTURE by not going to a group hunt.

The stuff I learned and the stories I heard from the guys and gals at the hunt were more valuable than I could imagine. And I also got lots of good ideas on where to hunt and how to research those sites and how to get permission.

Treasure hunter???? I've graduated to treasure finder! Love this hobby! TTC

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a competitive person who enjoys the seeded hunts. Most competitive seeded hunts will wear your butt out.

I have a special machine that I use for these competition hunts. I enjoy getting out and talking with other T-Hunters and telling stories. Most folks find out pretty quickly that I am hard to shut up when it comes to treasure. Many unsuspecting new people at work have found that out. :violent1:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions