Group hunts. Why go?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
    30 times

Group hunts. Why go?

Hello

This post is for those of you out there looking at group hunts and thinking to yourself, "Man that looks like fun!" And then do nothing about it.

Well let me ask you a few questions.

1. Do you like to hunt with a buddy?
    2. Do you like having someone who appreciates what you find nearby?
    3. Do you like a little friendly competition?
    4. Do you like good company and food?
    5. Do you like having a great time?

Then a group hunt is for you!!! I attended my first one last year and was very nervous about going to it. I didn't know anyone, I wasn't very good at detecting and I was basically afraid I was going to make a fool of myself. But I found out that just like on the forum here, the people are great people and so helpful in person!

So if you haven't gotten up the nerve to go to a hunt take a chance and have some fun. Oh yeah and there's a good chance you might end up with a nice prize or two and some memories that will last a lifetime.
    "It isn't the age, it's the mileage" IJ

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    9160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Group hunts. Why go?

Eagle,
    The group hunt is the way to go, if you ask me! Not just the "event" hunts but also the hunters in your neighborhood or city too. I've been hunting more than 30 years. Back to the BFO days! Alpha105, a new guy, wanted a hunting buddy/mentor. I contacted him... he contacted JimB..... TimC threw in... Tlzkaasen... Bing-badda-boom... now we are ten! Also, Shane was detecting in front of the apt I live in. He knew TimC and I because we are active on this net but did not know we lived there. Hunting buddies are EVERYWHERE! We all are bringing something to the group and learning from others in the group. It just makes sense to hunt together. I totally agree on the group hunt. TTC
    Most of my screw-up decisions in my life were to appease my friends, not my conscience. Sorry, but going forward, some of you will no longer call me friend.

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    63 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

both are cool,lone wolfing or groups,but seeded hunts?no thanks,rather find and dig my own targets,not knowing what ya find is half the fun for me,its like opening a christmas present,ya just never know
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

us
    May 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    30 times

The only way I think a seeded hunt would be a good idea is if you have a lot of new people learning to detect.

That way you could help them find a good keeper target while helping them learn their machine better.

I guess a seeded hunt would be OK as long as you know that you were getting into it.

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    61 times

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    both are cool,lone wolfing or groups,but seeded hunts?no thanks,rather find and dig my own targets,not knowing what ya find is half the fun for me,its like opening a christmas present,ya just never know
    I really thought you were going to say 'like a box of chocolates' and I can't stand that!

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    63 times

lol,thought about it
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

Snow's Metal Detectors Tesoro, Sunray and Rods by Plugger Dealer

Dec 2006
    New Milford,CT.
    Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
    4 times

mastereagle22,

Good Post / Topic.

us
    May 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    30 times

Thank you.

I know that there are lots of treasure hunters out there that read this forum and they are missing out on a great ADVENTURE by not going to a group hunt.

The stuff I learned and the stories I heard from the guys and gals at the hunt were more valuable than I could imagine. And I also got lots of good ideas on where to hunt and how to research those sites and how to get permission.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
    9160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by mastereagle22
    Thank you.

I know that there are lots of treasure hunters out there that read this forum and they are missing out on a great ADVENTURE by not going to a group hunt.

The stuff I learned and the stories I heard from the guys and gals at the hunt were more valuable than I could imagine. And I also got lots of good ideas on where to hunt and how to research those sites and how to get permission.

Treasure hunter? I've graduated to treasure finder! Love this hobby! TTC
    Most of my screw-up decisions in my life were to appease my friends, not my conscience. Sorry, but going forward, some of you will no longer call me friend.

us
    May 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    30 times

Oops my bad

us
    You stay classy TreasureNet

Oct 2006
    West Haven, UT
    XP Deus
    223 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

I am a competitive person who enjoys the seeded hunts. Most competitive seeded hunts will wear your butt out.

I have a special machine that I use for these competition hunts. I enjoy getting out and talking with other T-Hunters and telling stories. Most folks find out pretty quickly that I am hard to shut up when it comes to treasure. Many unsuspecting new people at work have found that out.

Sponsored Links