DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dont ask permission to hunt a park, is it because its not used much or because its not bothering anyone? Because apparently this place where baseball fields are by my house use to be housing in the early 1900s and theres this patch of land by the creek near the baseball fields that relle isnt in the way of anyhting and i want to hunt it, but i dont feel like going through the trouble of asking permission.

Upvote 0

purespeed

Greenie
Feb 4, 2009
Lowbatts said:
City councilman asked me once what was my best find, told him the same thing I've told others.

Under the sand at the bottom of the slide in a local park, got an open switchblade knife with blade pointed up and very rusty. It was down about 4 inches, but the answer worked it's magic.

Hit 'em where it hurts. Tell them you're their best bet in reducing liabilities.
Sweet answer. :wink: Yes we are actually public servants! Actually you know I wonder if two guys like you and I set our detectors only for junk and dug every crap signal like broken bootle head with cap on, nails, blades, you know what I mean. Imagine the crap we could roll onto their desk to show the parents what we can pick up in the public park their child was in. What a pile of stuff we could throw down.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Perhaps some towns, but my town is very friendly so it's not a problem. Other places, such as the county FP's around here are extremely arrogant and demeaning if you ask them why they don't allow md'ing.

They ae literally saving nature from humans, in their minds. After all, humans and nature are not one in the same, eh?

purespeed

Greenie
Feb 4, 2009
Lowbatts said:
Perhaps some towns, but my town is very friendly so it's not a problem. Other places, such as the county FP's around here are extremely arrogant and demeaning if you ask them why they don't allow md'ing.

They ae literally saving nature from humans, in their minds. After all, humans and nature are not one in the same, eh?
I guess not. There are homeless people laying all over the park. Broken bottles everywhere. Drugs being sold all over, you can smell it in the air. Can't use the restrooms cause the whole city knows the sexual meets going on in there. BUT who do the two cops draw a bead on? Way out in the middle of the park, a guy swinging a little Prizm in the field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread