Garretts New PRO-POINTER

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 478
  • THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    THISREPLACESTHIS2 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
just a suggestion here

go to the local wal-mart or sports store pick up some tennis wracket grip tape for under $5 and wrap the thing just a little. Bet that would work.
Might give that a try. I was thinking the neoprene, as the Explorer arm cuff gets a bit slick when the humidity is up there. Unless you have another idea to solve that problem. Could never figure why Minelab did not make a cuff cover for it like they do for the Sovereign GT cuff, as that really looks nice and a bit comfy.
HH
DJH

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
Anyone wanting to spend this kind of money on a pinpointer may want to wait until next month when this new pulse induction pinpointer comes out, up to 6" on a coin.

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 281

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I just ordered the Pro Pointer the other day. I saw the Pistol Probe, but thought it looked cheaper made than the Cen Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight. If I am going to spend this kind of money on a probe I want it to be durable and weatherproof.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
SwampHunter said:
I just ordered the Pro Pointer the other day. I saw the Pistol Probe, but thought it looked cheaper made than the Cen Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight. If I am going to spend this kind of money on a probe I want it to be durable and weatherproof.
:stop:...But on the other hand i never knew of any junk put out by ... DetectorPro ... they always put out a quality product........................................................==Jim==............ :coffee2: :thumbsup:

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Jim_K said:
SwampHunter said:
:stop:...But on the other hand i never knew of any junk put out by ... DetectorPro ... they always put out a quality product........................................................==Jim==............ :coffee2: :thumbsup:

:stop: ...But on the other hand I never said it was junk ... I said that I thought it looked cheaper made than the Cen Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight and that if I am going to spend this kind of money on a probe I want it to be durable and wetherproof. Never said anything about the Pistol Probe not being quality. Just wasn't what I want in a pinpointer......................... :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
SwampHunter said:
Jim_K said:
SwampHunter said:
:stop:...But on the other hand i never knew of any junk put out by ... DetectorPro ... they always put out a quality product........................................................==Jim==............ :coffee2: :thumbsup:...

:stop: ...But on the other hand I never said it was junk ... I said that I thought it looked cheaper made than the Cen Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight and that if I am going to spend this kind of money on a probe I want it to be durable and wetherproof. Never said anything about the Pistol Probe not being quality. Just wasn't what I want in a pinpointer......................... :coffee2: :thumbsup:
:stop:..But if you go to the other hand i did not really mean junk i ment not well made.....I have a Cen Tech and it is a darn good pinpointer i have a new Garretts on the way..................Had the Whites bullseye and liked the Cen Tech better......==..Jim==............. :thumbsup: :coffee2:.................darn got my coffee on the wrong side of the thumbs up.........

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am waiting for the detector pro to come out the detector pro puts out some good products and if it lives up to the depth it will be worth it. Does anyone know what the price will be yet?

I have the 570 and have not been impressed with it. I got it because of the holder and shape and that part I love, along with it being waterproof but I don't find the depth too great and the fact it doesn't have an off switch is really messing with me in my truck when it turns on.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Basically I find the 570 to be totally worthless when using my Explorer. Too much cross talk and falsing if you get the two near each other.

I love the design and the holster which is why I went with the 570 vs the Bullseye. if I hear a few more good things about the Pro Pointer I may be getting one for Christmas from the wife and kids.

Then I may be selling the 570.

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
if I hear a few more good things about the Pro Pointer I may be getting one for Christmas from the wife and kids.

I like mine more now than when I first got it and I really like it then. Only thing I still don't like about it is that you can't turn the sound off and it's not 100% waterproof.
I put electrical tape over the speaker and you can still hear some sound, but it's waterproof.
It is very tough too! The main shaft/handle is all one molded piece. The speaker and battery end cap is the only thing external that is not of the molded one piece.
This thing has saved me lots of time.
I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a pinpointer.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I forgot to mention the cross talking too but it does it on my GT and Excal
I looked everywhere for a price on the Detector Pro coming out but couldn't find it, come on vendors can't we pre order?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread