to pinpoint. Wish I had bought several while I could. lastleg

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only do I still have it, I still use it. I have had it for about 22 years or so. It always rides shotgun in the truck. The other 3 newer ones get there turn, but I have more hours on the old Garrett Freedom III than all the others combined. I will be sad when it goes.

Bob

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[size=14pt]No. That was many, many, many years ago. Had a Radio Shack Micronta. Found a few coins with it, but it didn't do good at the beach at all. Finally had to upgrade. Here's a photo of the control panel.

microntacontrols.jpg

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Yes, I do. A Bounty Hunter 505. I let friends use it when they hunt with me.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, I had a GTI 2500, sold it and got a DFX instead this spring, I do think I did the right thing. :thumbsup:

Old Relic

Oct 21, 2005
North Prairie, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 Minelab Advantage Tesoro Eldorado µMAX Tesoro Silver µMAX
Nope. It was an Ace 250, and while I know a lot of people swear by them, the constant bing-bang-bong, like a pinball machine gone mad, drove me to drinkin' (my wife might tell you it was a short trip...). I got an Advantage, an Eldorado uMAX and a Silver uMAX and eventually sold the 250.

HH,
Relic

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My first detector was ...

.. a do-it-yourself Heathkit that I assembled for a highschool electronics class back in 1968 ... 40 years ..YIKES ...That was a LONG time ago!!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Mine got misappropriated by someone

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
Whites Classic III here and nope don't have it sold it for the XLT & now the X-70. :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto my first was Chinese junk and sent it back and got a BH. Found more gold with the BH than any other since! Now have 5 detectors and don't now which to use. LOL Bought a 1963 Porche 356 B Coupe for 2300 and sold it for 3000 two years later. Now it's worth about 30 grand. I know how to make a deal boy! Monty

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My 1st was a Whites Coin Master IV I bought from a magazine ad. It was a "TR" all metal machine and I dug coins as deep as I do today with my Minelabs and Tesoros.

I recall hunting a park in Western Michigan (1968) and by noon I had 80 coins (mostly wheats). I rested at a picnic table and turned on the detector right where I set the coil down. I got a signal and dug a mint 1936 silver quarter at a good 6 inches.

Just like today, the hot depth for coins was 3 & 3/4 inches deep. V nickels, IH's, and Barber dimes, seated, usually ran about 4-5 inches (like today).

I sold my Coin Master but sure wish I had kept it as a wall hanger.

Folks with little money can pick up early machines cheap off ebay and do just as well as most of us do with our $1000+ machines (that is if they're willing to work).

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
yes-heathkit, the coil cover is broke but i still have it, the next one was a whites i believe 66tr, sold that and bought a new compass 77pro, this was in the late 60's or early 70's, the whites was the only machine i have ever sold, not that it didnt work, i just wanted a compass and the only way was to sell and put that money on the compass. i have bought several dets. lately, just need to get off lazy butt and dig.. :tard:

Duane B

Sep 24, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Fisher CZ5
My first was a D-Tex I bought new for about $100 in the late 1960s. I sold it in the mid 70s at a pawn shop for $15. I still have one of the red coils for it. Wish I still had the whole detector.

I bought a Compass Relic Magnum 7 in 1980 and sold it in the mid 80s. It had lots of knobs. Good machine back then though.

Bought a Fisher CZ-5 in 1993, then a Whites XLT in 1996. Both machines are excellent and I haven't had the desire to upgrade since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions