Has anyone had any trouble with researching sites that you want to hunt?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Well JuJu is gone on his trip to georgia and I have no time to metal detect right at this point. Since I am starting school tommorow then i work in the afternoon. I can only detect on the weekends. I am going to have to hunt parks in the area that I have already hit. Kind of sad I know.

Anyways onto my problem. I have been reading historylink.org for my state and have been trying to get information on sites and then looking them up on google earth to see if they are forest or cement. Well to say the least. I have not had much luck with older sites lately. I have one nice ghost town that pulls up relics every once in awhile but I am on the hunt for older coins.

I ordered http://creativitycoachingsite.com/treasuremanual/book.htm. That book to try and read up on the right ways to ask permission for hunting houses. As parks get more hunted out thats what I am going to have to start doing. There are many lawns in my state just waiting to be detected.

Anyone have any information at all on older mining camps in Washington state/parks/houses then please let me know! :)

Upvote 0

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
Here is a great resource. I'm in Gig Harbor. It identifies a ton of stuff including homesteads and old camps and mines. search under "name" and go to the C's to look at all the camps. Search under "feature" and check out locals, and mines etc. It gives lat/long coords you can cut and paste in to Google Earth. I just found it, and my head is still spinning from all the posibilities. Tons of logging camps etc. I spent hours on it last night and barely scratched the surface.
Hope this helps,
Zym

http://www.exxun.com/aaf_us_geo_names/washington_wa/gn_33.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread