Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
theres a paranormal forum. why cant there be a coin shooting forum? :tard:

My guess is that some forums are there to keep the main one from being cluttered up with the "I am a psychic and know there is a chest of buried treasure right here because the (insert tool here: dowsing rods, tea leaves, chicken bones, psychic mind, voodoo doll etc..) told me so"

I for one wouldn't mind having a coin shooting forum, But I think we have too many different forums already. The main forums seem to be mostly dedicated to coins. The other forums are for people with other searches not involving regular old coins.

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
I think it would be a pretty good idea, it might free up some space on the general discussion forum. ???

DINGO

Jan 30, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 xl/pro,Tesoro Tejon,First sovereign,Compass X100 x200
SwampHunter said:
The thing about today's finds is that you can't ask specific questions about coin shooting equipment.
Why not? I don't know why you can't ask about coin hunting, specifically. let's face it, even a lot of the people who SAY they are "relic hunting" are only saying because they go search an old site, like a ghost town, but in the end they are looking for old coins. they will take other neat things, too, but their main goal (most of the time) is finding older coins.

T

The.Boomer

DINGO said:
SwampHunter said:
The thing about today's finds is that you can't ask specific questions about coin shooting equipment.
Why not? I don't know why you can't ask about coin hunting, specifically. let's face it, even a lot of the people who SAY they are "relic hunting" are only saying because they go search an old site, like a ghost town, but in the end they are looking for old coins. they will take other neat things, too, but their main goal (most of the time) is finding older coins.

Bad Idea to generalize like that Dingo. There's lots of guys who are really into this hobby for just the period pieces, like CW artifacts etc... In fact I know of a few guys who actually make far more $ hunting those things than any of us average old coiners. :wink:

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
DINGO said:
SwampHunter said:

I relic hunt and I coin hunt. Those are two different areas. Yep, I will take coins when I am relic hunting and vice versa, but coin hunting and relic hunting are two different animals altogether. If someone says they hunt relics only I wouldn't ask them coin shooting questions and vice versa.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampHunter said:
I relic hunt and I coin hunt. Those are two different areas. Yep, I will take coins when I am relic hunting and vice versa, but coin hunting and relic hunting are two different animals altogether. If someone says they hunt relics only I wouldn't ask them coin shooting questions and vice versa.

And if someone who relic hunts goes along on a hunt with someone who Only coin hunts, the coin hunter will get their A$$ SKUNKED. :wink:

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
BuckleBoy said:
SwampHunter said:

And if someone who relic hunts goes along on a hunt with someone who Only coin hunts, the coin hunter will get their A$$ SKUNKED. :wink:

No doubt about that, but only because the relic hunter digs just about everything. I would still rather get coin shooting advice from a seasoned coin shooter since they work more of the areas that I will be coin shooting. The majority of our CW relics are just in iron infested sites... not sites infested with other trash.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampHunter said:
BuckleBoy said:
SwampHunter said:

And if someone who relic hunts goes along on a hunt with someone who Only coin hunts, the coin hunter will get their A$$ SKUNKED.  :wink:

No doubt about that, but only because the relic hunter digs just about everything. I would still rather get coin shooting advice from a seasoned coin shooter since they work more of the areas that I will be coin shooting. The majority of our CW relics are just in iron infested sites... not sites infested with other trash.

Could be just iron, but any sort of trash--iron or big aluminum--will mask a coin target.  Unfortunate, but true.

Keep 'em Swingin,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions