Updated mod. of my Tejon

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Coinzapper, skypilot here! I really like the mods on the Tejon! :thumbsup: I've considered a volume control for my Tejon, however, sine I use 'phones primarily, I haven't added one .....yet. I LOVE the direct to all metal toggle that you so cleverly added, THAT is an oversight by Tesoro, in my opinion. I will mod mine the same way, if you don't mind!? I'll have to give credit where credit is due, so rest assured I won't claim responsibility for your mod. It NEVER crossed my mind to simply place a toggle on the unit, even though Lord knows I've complained about how the factory set up was, many times! And also, bravo on the relocation of the 'phone jack, that is yet another very annoying set up on several Tesoros. I will more than likely do that one also, for the fact is, where the jack goes now is definitely not the best place it can be! I bought two rubber and two nylon washers at the hardware store in town, and placed them under the G.B. knob, with a little Vaseline between the two rubber ones, and then pressed my knob down 'till I achieved the amount of tension I was looking for, as a LOT of times, the knob is accidentally moved in the course of operation, so, with your jack repositioning, this should make it the perfect set up! Great Mods! Good luck and great hunting! Thanks so much for your time and willingness to share your ideas! Regards, Richard

OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
skypilot02 said:
Coinzapper, skypilot here! I really like the mods on the Tejon! :thumbsup: I've considered a volume control for my Tejon, however, sine I use 'phones primarily, I haven't added one .....yet. I LOVE the direct to all metal toggle that you so cleverly added, THAT is an oversight by Tesoro, in my opinion. I will mod mine the same way, if you don't mind!? I'll have to give credit where credit is due, so rest assured I won't claim responsibility for your mod. It NEVER crossed my mind to simply place a toggle on the unit, even though Lord knows I've complained about how the factory set up was, many times! And also, bravo on the relocation of the 'phone jack, that is yet another very annoying set up on several Tesoros. I will more than likely do that one also, for the fact is, where the jack goes now is definitely not the best place it can be! I bought two rubber and two nylon washers at the hardware store in town, and placed them under the G.B. knob, with a little Vaseline between the two rubber ones, and then pressed my knob down 'till I achieved the amount of tension I was looking for, as a LOT of times, the knob is accidentally moved in the course of operation, so, with your jack repositioning, this should make it the perfect set up! Great Mods! Good luck and great hunting! Thanks so much for your time and willingness to share your ideas! Regards, Richard

Hi Rich, Well thank you very much for your remarks on the Mods. Hey, If I can be Of any help, why not! God has given me some talent of creativity and I'm going to use it every which way possible! I love ELECTRONICS. I love treasure hunting, and I love re-inventing things or modifying things so they work better. If only I can patend them, I'd be rich. By the way my Tejon is working "SHARP"! It's even more lightning fast with the overhead switch. Now I don't have to fiddle diddle with the first Disc. Knob. I can leave it to where I set it and hunt in all metal mode, then switch the toggle over into Disc. 1 and then 2. It's awesome! It's like having 3 Disc. mode instead of 2. Anyway keep intouch. Let me know how it's going with your machine.Nice to hear from you.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Coinzapper, You are very welcome! And yes, you indeed have talent! I'll let you know how mine works out. From the sound of things, if mine works nearly as well as yours, I'll be very satisfied!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread