brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newest addition to my Explorer SE

well ive been mulling over ideas for a detector stand that will serve a duel purpose.
1) to keep the ole' minelab from tipping over while using the probe
2) to keep the detector up a little higher off the ground while in wet soil,sand or any other un-desirable debris you wouldn't want getting near the delicate parts like the screen or the battery door.
to some folks those little things may not be much of a concern but to me.....the way i figure it, it couldnt hurt to protect them and im just kinda funny about my stuff. they have to look taken care of and work just as good.
so this is what a good friend of mine we will just refer to as "the G-Man" came up with. the majority of the concept,skill and labor came from the G-Man.all i did was field test.
this stand was built totally from scratch and skill with sheet metal. i wont divulge what the G-man does for a living but i will say this.......he told me that this stand is rated up to 30,000 ft. and it will withstand many many good landings.
he used the original minelab stand and only built around it. it does add a little bit of weight but i dont think enough to really make a difference.the gold color is not an an expression of vanity, it was dipped in a chemical that protects against corrosion and scratches. also dipped was my arm cuff so as not to have to many contrasting colors. the result of the protective coating is a flat,dull gold color that actually looks good against the black.i am very happy with the end results and it looks and works great.
now the air holes are purely for looks and besides, they did reduce the weight a bit. the whole thing is assembled with only 4 #5 aviation grade panel rivets. believe me when i tell you............it is a VERY,VERY solid connection.
well thats it, i hope you guys like it. please send me some feedback and i will pass them along to the G-Man. :icon_salut:

Attachments

• minelab stand3.jpg
    minelab stand3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 326
  • minelab stand2.jpg
    minelab stand2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 352
  • minelab stand4.jpg
    minelab stand4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 340
  • minelab stand1.jpg
    minelab stand1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 352

3wood

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell g-man to market and I'll be first in line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions