Saturdays freezing night hunt. Silver, silver, silver!

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Haven't got time to post this, but better late than never! :D

So we hit a couple lake beaches again with my buddy as usual, and it was freezing gold. You can see in the pics that there's some frost on the ground, and the ground was actually frozen a little at some spots. :-\

First we decided to hunt a beach with a very large grassy area, located almost next to an old church build in the early 16th century. We worked on it for an hour or so finding almost nothing good stuff, just some bottle caps here and there, and almost no coins or anything. Well, I got a silver pendant tag or whatever it's supposed to be, but that was all. I was getting bored after a while, and yelled at my friend that here's nothing to be found, and instantly after that I got a nice silver signal at the end of the sweep. Out popped the first ring! 8)

I walked to by buddy, and we chatted for a while and continued swinging. My friend told me he was gonna dig even the crappiest signals because there wasn't that many good stuff to be found, and just like it happened to me a moment ago with the ring, first crap signal he dug was a nice 14k earring. :o

And, the next plug I dug just a few feet away from him was a big surprise. It didn't even give a good reading, but when I flipped the plug open, there was a silver ring, and a gold chain in the same hole! :o :o That got my heart beating, but just for a minute because I realized that the gold chain was just some junk with gold color getting off when I rubbed it with my thumb. Oh well, the ring was silver anyway so I figured I had no reason to be sad :P

But that was enough hunting that place, so we drove to another beach. Good finds from there were two silver rings, junk libra pendant and an old Finnish military button from WWII or something, I don't know for sure.

€6.20 ($9.15) this time, and only THREE old markka coins. That must be the lowest markka count I've ever dug :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• Ring 1 in the plug.jpg
    Ring 1 in the plug.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 538
  • Ring 2 and chain in the plug.jpg
    Ring 2 and chain in the plug.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 543
  • Ring 3 in the hole.jpg
    Ring 3 in the hole.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 543
  • Ring 4 in dirt.jpg
    Ring 4 in dirt.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 531
  • Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 549
  • Pendant.jpg
    Pendant.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 532
  • Ring 1.jpg
    Ring 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Ring 2.jpg
    Ring 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 529
  • Ring 3.jpg
    Ring 3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 527
  • Ring 4.jpg
    Ring 4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 522
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 519
  • Libra.jpg
    Libra.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 522

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Why is this in the detector mods forum? Not complaining or anything. Just seamed a bit odd.

TG

OP
OP
Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Texasgopher said:
Why is this in the detector mods forum? Not complaining or anything. Just seamed a bit odd.

TG

That's a very good question! I'm 100% positive that I posted this to Today's finds, and now I'm looking for the ace250 waterproof mod topic, and find this in here?? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: ???

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds no doubt! Love all those rings. HH:thumbsup:

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA