Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This Is Something Minelabs should be offering on the New Excalibur's. This is my First time and I was a Little shaky, but was not all that hard. Hardest parts were, pulling the main board, soldiering the connections, and putting the board back in, which took a few tries. Main thing is to line up the knobs, wear the wrist ground. Lotta details I left out, but grease here up and put her back together, and It makes detecting a hole new experiences with the excal. This is a mode but I tried to keep the video more like "whats inside of the Excalibur", the second round, parts are in, it will be more of a how to......................hope you enjoy ........Obn/joe/tim

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
:icon_thumright: I look forward to the next section, it was not clear in all details.
Where do comes out the wire for the switch?

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Second round; excal 800...pictures of the cz20 handle to be used, and the PP button installed

Attachments

• OBN Remote PP Handle excalibur 800 Round two.jpg
    OBN Remote PP Handle excalibur 800 Round two.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,181
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I look forward to the next section, it was not clear in all details.
Where do comes out the wire for the switch?

Picture should explain..if you shaft mount the excal you can use the smaller wire, but if your going to hip mount your excal, go with computer cord power cable, with the pigtail stress reliefs

Just about finished the second excal..little holdup, friend is a Design Engineer and has one of my knob shafts, he is giving me some measurements on the O Rings and the shaft itself for future reference.

Attachments

• SNAG-0005.jpg
    SNAG-0005.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 635
  • SNAG-0001.jpg
    SNAG-0001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 879
  • SNAG-0001 (2).jpg
    SNAG-0001 (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 826

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this this thread is older but there was a time when OBN was trying to get some after market encaps made to make this conversion easier. I was wondering if they ever got made. I'd really like to ad this to my detector.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Midas, which button switch were you looking for on the IP68's, there is a toggle, rocker and a on/off push button. The endcaps are coming, hope by early spring, being cast and soon to be tested..will post on progress. addon.jpg

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OBN I was hoping to do it just like you did in your last set of three pictures on this thread. I want to use the silver on/off push button and then drill the small hole on the endcap that has my headphone connector and use a small cable connector like the one in the third picture.

I wasn't sure of the part number and manufacturer for the switch, cable connector, and what wire size cable that you used. And the best place to order it from.

Thanks

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a Momentary switch, I wish it was a on/off...you push it and it goes into discriminate, then when you let go it goes back to PP, the toggle one I have is on/off, and the rocker is also..but the rocker shorted out after about 10 times in the deep saltwater.

MP0037/2 Bulgin | 708-1304-ND | DigiKey

let me see if I can find one similar, but on and off

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thanks for the info. I'll see what I can find on a permanent on/off type switch. I was wondering what type of cable clamp you used for the wiring back to the pc board.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what I used on the Sovereign after the IP 68 rocker switch went south..it's on/off

IRR1S422L0S APEM Components, LLC | 679-2338-ND | DigiKey

Pic of the rocker then the final, on/off push button, it's IP67 and has been under many times with no issues,

View attachment 691887 View attachment 691888

And the other which, I like the most was the toggle
SNAG-0002 (2).jpg SNAG-0002.jpg

MT
I was wondering what type of cable clamp you used for the wiring back to the pc board.

That connector was part of a small power suppy cord, I used the full cord to the handle And all I did was made sure it was epoxyed/sealed well when it went thur the endcap..then I had a very small connector that connected to the wires that went too the back of the potentimeter. The main thing I guess for me was to have a good set of glasses for the job. Good luck and post a pic for us...joe

Attachments

• Backpack Frank .jpg
    Backpack Frank .jpg
    63 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC_7648.jpg
    DSC_7648.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's awesome looking. I'm going to pick up the switch this week and hope to have it in by next weekend. I'll post a pic up when I'm done. I have a straight shaft on mine with a good handle that I plan on putting the momentary ip68 push button switch in.

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latching toe push button switches

OBN

I found two latching type security buttons from apem.com. They are rated at ip-65 (splash proof but not full water immersion). They might have an ip-67 or 68 version in a different series but I thought this might fit the bill. Check the site out and look. They have a ton of options.

AV0611A2 K (flat button)AV1611A2 K (round button)

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OBN I finally got the remote pinpoint switch installed. I have a Plugger straight shaft and handle so I used it. The handle worked perfectly and the switch slide right down into the tube. I drilled the tube out and ran the wire down the handle and slid the rubber hand grip over it. Some 5 min loctite epoxy and it was set.

I had to do the same thing as you and used an old power supply cord and drilled a hole in the encap that has the headphone cable. It was a bit sketchy with all the capacitors and wires that are encapsulated in the endcap for the headphones but with careful drilling I got it in.

Unfortunatlety the heat shrink for the endcaps is glued in three places for the newer excal 2 so i had to cut both off. I figured its cosmetic anyway but i might just wrap the joint with some waterproof tape.

Getting the pc board back in was a task but I eventually got it. Oh and I also noticed that I got lucky that the wires I used to solder onto the switch were small enough to slide from the bottom of the pc board to the top along the side of it and out. Otherwise I would not have been able to slide the two slots that are notched in the endcap all the way over the pc board.

I am taking it out tomorrow but gave it a test run at home and its working perfectly. Thanks for the help.

photo (2).JPG photo (3).JPG photo (4).JPG photo (5).JPG photo (6).JPG

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Job Midas, I like it!!

Have you had it out? And do you like it?

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished two excalibur, close up work on the boards...using 2 pin connector .10 same as stock headhone connector to the board..
OBN0019.jpg OBN0018.jpg OBN0020.jpg OBN0014.jpg OBN0008.jpg OBN0004.jpg OBN0016.jpg OBN0013.jpg OBN0010.jpg

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2

Ademir Felix

Oct 30, 2016
Japaratinga
Detector(s) used
mx sports e white's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOA NOITE, PESSOAL QUE PODE MIM AJUDAR NESTA PESQUISA ESTOU PRECISANDO DO ESQUEMA DA PLACA DO DETECTOR EXCALIBUR II

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
BOA NOITE, PESSOAL QUE PODE MIM AJUDAR NESTA PESQUISA ESTOU PRECISANDO DO ESQUEMA DA PLACA DO DETECTOR EXCALIBUR II
GOOD NIGHT , STAFF THAT CAN HELP ME THIS SEARCH AM NEEDING THE SCHEME OF THE BOARD OF DETECTOR EXCALIBUR II ...

Sorry No scheme.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread