xlt depth

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if your detector or more likely coil is shot.

Using Relic mode and a fast sweep 9 inches on a 2003 quarter, 8.5 inches on a 1973 dime and just over 9 inches with a 2003 cent. This is in the house which is not the best place to do tests, with standard unadjusted Relic mode so a threshold thats over loud. Start accepting more rejected numbers and upping the sensitivity and Pre Amp and you can really add to the "depth".

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try upping the pre amp gain and test it in mixed mode. You gotta learn the settings in order to really appreciate the XLT. Check here for some informative tips:
JB's - Whites Spectrum XLT Hints & Tips

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using Pre Amp or the high depth options is not going to sort out if there's a coil or detector fault in the first place. If he doesn't do the relic mode air test we will never know if something is wrong and it certainly sounds as though there is. My "new" XLT couldn't match my older Spectrum so was sent back three times until performance improved....still not as good as the old Spectrum though !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread