TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Modification tutorial to disconnect/remove the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV meter "Target Indicator".

After using the metal detector for a few days it became apparent that the MD meter was worthless (unless you are hearing impaired) and does nothing beyond draining batteries. I read about others doing it on the forum so I thought I would take pictures and create a brief tutorial of how I did it.

Typical standard warning - use these instructions at your own discretion. I am not responsible if you are injured, damage your metal detector, or anything else that results from you following these instructions. It worked fine for me, and should for you as well. :icon_thumright:

mod1-step1.jpg

#1 Remove the coil cable.
#2 Remove the battery cover and batteries.
#3 Remove the two screws.

mod1-step2.jpg

Set the MD handle off to the side, and place the MD electronics box on a table.
#4 Remove the four screws.

mod1-step3.jpg

Turn the MD electronics box upside down so the headphone jack is at the top.
#5 Pull out the face-plate and electronics board (PCB) enough to disconnect the two meter wires. You can unsolder or cut them, then push them to the sides to ensure they are no longer connected.

That is all there is to it for this modification tutorial. Just reverse the steps to put the MD back together, or if you want to do another of my modification tutorials while it is still apart now is the best time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread