Garrett GTAX 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally don't know if there is an "easy" way to do it. Anyhow in my experience a good headlight will solve all your problems. First at night you will want to know where you are walking (moon can help but not always). Second if you want to see the detector, dig your find, actually find what you are digging you will need some light, and since both your hands will be busy a good headlight is the solution. I personaly use a Petzl Tikka it is not too expensive and it is very good. Don't buy a cheap one since it will not be very usefull, and they don't work very well. Also a led headlamp will be better for battery duration, mine has a 160 hour duration over 3 AAA batteries.
Just my 5cents.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a couple of add ons that you would stick to the meter with a sticky pad that could be removed at a later date without causing damage. They used those flat button type batteries. I wonder if you could use the lights they sell for E-Book readers. Branded ones are expensive but you can pick them up for next to nothing on E-Bay.

OP
OP

2muchstuff

Dec 27, 2007
Just south of St. Louis, Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replys guys. Where I go beach hunting there is some light coming from the houses and condos that line the beach but the angle is all wrong to view the screen on my detector. Looking into this I had given some thought to adding some white LED's and edge lighting the display panel. My other option was to use an electro-luminescent panel installed behind the display. Not wanting to spend a whole lot on this project electro panels are out and side lighting is too much work right now. U.K. Brian, I like your idea of using one of those LED book lights, small, low power consumption and can be clipped on. Thanks.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Home made backlight: Fisher F70

Homemade backlight
F70_backlight_38.JPG

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice job... how did you do it?

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions