Any Excalibur coil conversion kits out there?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, does anyone know of a good conversion kit to change an Excalibur over to a replaceable coil system? I want to use a variety of coils but still keep it waterproof so taking it apart and soldering a new coil in every time is not an option. There should be watertight connector you can install inline with the existing cable where different coils could then be swapped around. Maybe something like what Minelab uses for the battery connection? Any experience in that area would be appreciated. Also, any recommendations on big coils that will still detect small rings? Thanks, Mark

bigsims

Jan 8, 2014
southern california
Detector(s) used
At pro..Garrett..whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coils for excalibur

Hello everyone, does anyone know of a good conversion kit to change an Excalibur over to a replaceable coil system? I want to use a variety of coils but still keep it waterproof so taking it apart and soldering a new coil in every time is not an option. There should be watertight connector you can install inline with the existing cable where different coils could then be swapped around. Maybe something like what Minelab uses for the battery connection? Any experience in that area would be appreciated. Also, any recommendations on big coils that will still detect small rings? Thanks, Mark

check out coiltek they sell aftermarket coils for this detector…all sizes available…..goodluck...::flag_yellow:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Will be testing this summer in the Saltwater, a great advance for the Excalibur and the Hunter...if they work

OBN0167.jpg OBN0175.jpg

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be testing this summer in the Saltwater, a great advance for the Excalibur and the Hunter...if they work

View attachment 940324 View attachment 940325

Oh man OBN! If that works like I hope it does you and I are gonna have to talk about the NEXT project! I like it already....the 1000 could use that, along with the pinpoint mod......ability to swap coils AND still be water proof.....oh yeah!

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, I was looking at the type IP68-69, first model you displayed. Wasn't going to case mount it as they have a male/female pair and was going to do an inline method. The IP68/69 spec looks good as far as water intrusion goes for most of us.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OBN, I was looking at the type IP68-69, first model you displayed. Wasn't going to case mount it as they have a male/female pair and was going to do an inline method. The IP68/69 spec looks good as far as water intrusion goes for most of us.

Keep us informed sleeper if there is a short cut in finding something that all can do that would be great.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QBN and anyone else interested here is a link to a PDF catalog (small no big download) showing the connectors I found. IP68 rated, 10m depth for 2 weeks, more than enough for us. They are avial either with crimp or soldier pins or for those desiring screw terminals, my rec is the soldier pins, gold plated pins.

http://www.bulgin.co.uk/PDFs/Cat83_sections/Buccaneer-2010_mini.pdf

Hope the link works, let me know.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used those before with fair results around saltwater, I know a hunter who did use them a lot more then me and he said he hunted neck deep in fresh water with them with no issues. Keep us informed on your results.

OBN0142.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread