Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have decided to stop making the Sidekick but have a several left so if anybody wants the kit, just PM me for purchase info.The Sidekick is simply a coil of wire and a switch. Simple concept but very difficult to work with because of the small size of the components.
To see how the Sidekick works in your own home, take a short length of copper wire about 3" long and bare the ends if its insulated. Wave it in front of your metal detector or your pinpointer. As you will notice, it is very difficult to detect if not impossible. Now twist the bared ends together to make a loop and wave it in front of your detector or pinpointer. The loop of wire is very easy to detect and hence the basic principle of how the Sidekick will super-tune the Propointer. Instead of having to slide a metallic object toward the tip of the Propointer every time you want to super-tune, you simply press a switch completing the coil loop thereby making it detectable. Setting up the Sidekick can be difficult but once the proper placement is located, using it in the field is effortless.

Picture #1 is an early prototype. You can see the small coil I wound and potted with a bladder type switch similar to the kind found on early remote controls.
Picture #2 is the Sidekick schematic.
Picture #3 is the circuit board and micro switch that makes up the current version of the Sidekick.
Picture #4 is what comes with the kit now (not including instructions).
Picture #5 shows the Sidekick attached to the Propointer w/o heatshrink.

HH
Ran

Attachments

• IMG_0474 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0474 (Medium).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Sidekick schematic.jpg
    Sidekick schematic.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0124 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0124 (Medium).JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 436
  • Sidekick package.jpg
    Sidekick package.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0479 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0479 (Medium).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 395

DFXaholic

Mar 19, 2005
Puyallup, Wa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, 11 inch coil, 13 inch coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ism said:
I have decided to stop making the Sidekick but have a several left so if anybody wants the kit, just PM me for purchase info.The Sidekick is simply a coil of wire and a switch. Simple concept but very difficult to work with because of the small size of the components.
To see how the Sidekick works in your own home, take a short length of copper wire about 3" long and bare the ends if its insulated. Wave it in front of your metal detector or your pinpointer. As you will notice, it is very difficult to detect if not impossible. Now twist the bared ends together to make a loop and wave it in front of your detector or pinpointer. The loop of wire is very easy to detect and hence the basic principle of how the Sidekick will super-tune the Propointer. Instead of having to slide a metallic object toward the tip of the Propointer every time you want to super-tune, you simply press a switch completing the coil loop thereby making it detectable. Setting up the Sidekick can be difficult but once the proper placement is located, using it in the field is effortless.

Picture #1 is an early prototype. You can see the small coil I wound and potted with a bladder type switch similar to the kind found on early remote controls.
Picture #2 is the Sidekick schematic.
Picture #3 is the circuit board and micro switch that makes up the current version of the Sidekick.
Picture #4 is what comes with the kit now (not including instructions).
Picture #5 shows the Sidekick attached to the Propointer w/o heatshrink.

HH
Ran

Any left and how much? Shipping to Wa state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread