AT PRO ISSUE ANY SUGGESTIONS

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having an issue with my at pro that until using a hunting partners machine I never realized that I had... When I first turn on my machine it starts with only 2 segments of sensitivity and comes on in custom mode with iron discrimination at 35 when I reset the machine its back to factory settings, but as soon as I turn it off and restart it the same thing happens? I have tried setting my own custom modes and no matter what it keeps on Goin back to the same thing... Does anyone know if this is a common problem the machine is right at 3 months old and had only been used for maybe 50 hours due to our ever changing weather here in Central Illinois. Any suggestions or input on this issue would be greatly appreciated since I already contacted my local Garrett dealer who acts as if it is just my problem and is unwilling to give me any advice or resolution to this problem.... Nice after I just spent over 800.00 on it a pro pointer and other accessories Dec 23 this Christmas! Ty for any support Garrett guy!

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go right to the Garrett website and fire off an email to them. They WILL take good are of you.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is excellent to deal with and they will take care of you so do what choppadude advised.

OP
OP
diggin for history

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALLY! Hey guys thanks for the advice I did what ya said, and contacted Garrett via email, within 12 hours of sending it I received my first response from them regarding my complaints. I was asked for a picture of the serial number and invoice to better advise me. Second email shed quite a bit of light on the problem, the machine I was sold was a first production series which was recalled from the dealers and to be replaced with updated product free... Well seems that my dealer did not follow the recall order, and sold me this machine which shouldn't have been on his shelf in the first place. Garrett customer service sent me a ups shipping label via email I printed it out and today took it repackaged to ups and as soon as I called them back started my free replacement at pro straight off the line in addition they are sending me the at pro adventure pack seen on website and an additional 5x8 coil. I am quite satisfied and will have everything by Wednesday morning this week wow!! Way more than I ever imagined.... Once again thanks for the advice guy's keep a swinging look forward to sharing in today's finds good luck!

scoop dawg

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2013
Yeah I purchased 2 adventure packs about 6 weeks ago and had problems with both of my machines
Went back to the store where I purchased them and joe from demarco detectors did everything he could to help me out and amazingly enough he asked them about sending me a couple of 5x8 coils for my troubles garrett said they couldn't justify the cost for my troubles
So where do I stand
Apparently on my own as they were supposed to ship my new detectors 2 weeks ago and as luck would have it they were sent to the wrong place
I did manage to get one detector someone else's that was sent to the wrong place
Oh and by the way my 12 year old has completely lost interest in doing any detecting because he still doesn't have a detector
Now how do I justify those cost
I'm glad you had a good experience with Garret's customer service but I mut say Mine has been a complete nightmare
I'm so mad right now I can't even think straight

OP
OP
diggin for history

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I should have updated my post all I got back was my new machine no adventure pack no 5x8 coil was told that all were on back order so I just had to eat it.... So I agree with you Garrett has a failing customer service....

scoop dawg

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2013
You should probably thank your lucky stars that at least you got what you paid for. Me I'm still waiting

scoop dawg

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2013
So let me get this straight now that I have had a chance to calm down a bit

Someone from garrett told you that they were going to send you an adventure pack and a 5x8 coil for your troubles and now they are going back on their word
I'm interested to know because I just found out that by some miracle my detector has arrived at the store
If I pick it up I'm just wondering if this is going to be how they handle things in the future

OP
OP
diggin for history

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'd hope for the best but expect the worst,! I'm very unhappy with the service I got all around

scoop dawg

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2013
Well I did pick up the detector thought that might be a problem with it but we called garrett as I was Leary about taking it home
We apparently had the sensitivity up too high
Cut it back a couple of notches and it seemed to settle out
They are sending out another coil just in case and I was reassured that these machine were brand new and will be backed by the full warranty

OP
OP
diggin for history

diggin for history

Jan 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah try to change the frequency by holding the pinpoint and pushing the sensitivity right.... There are 4 settings for the frequency just used my new one and it's awesome love it, but won't be getting the adventure pack till May late my to boot and the local dealer is just going to give me one of his 5x8s to make the sale of my last at pro that was junk right since it took me nearly 110 days to get this new one! So I'm going to just wait and see what happens in May whether or not I get the camo bag edge digger and camo diggers pouch plus I have the 8.5x11 coil cover so would want the 5x8 cover to substitute.... Good luck man.... Swing away...

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you guy's had any updates? Did you get the 5X8 coils? I got my AT Pro with the Adventure pack,but to tell you the truth,I hardly ever use the case. I also re routed the coil wire as badpenny said,and couldn't be happier with the machines performance. This MD is a coin Monster!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda strange to hear that bad of the service from garrett the other day i was out in the rain detecting and of course my rubber handle came unglued i emailed garrett next day they just asked for a picture of the rubber off i sent it to them done a reply said i had a new edge digger on the way

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprised they paid for shipping most of the time that comes out of your pocket...i have a hard time believe you cant buy a new coil and they are back ordered im guessing with cash you can have a new coil shipped to you i dont know why they would go back on there word after saying they would give it to you ...normally i have heard nothing but good things with the support side of garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread