Carbon Fiber detector shafts?

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for thought, I've considered looking into a CF shaft for my MD, looking to lighten it up a bit. 99% of my hunting is done with my 11yr old daughter and she too enjoys swinging the detector as much as I do. While IMO I dont think the AT Pro is a heavy machine but in the arms of an 11 yr old it can get tiring fast.
Any thoughts? I have looked into Anderson's, just curious if theres other alternatives.
TY

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure about any really besides the 5x8 coil will lighten it up alot actually look into this i use the original detecting buddy its a wicked easy to use sling that i use on my long hunts it has made my atpro and my v3i totaly weight less like when its on u its held at a perfect height and u can literaly use ur finger to swing the detector it is adjustable to so should fit her height most slings r over 70 this one is nice its 25 shipped its padded leather etc put the name of it one youtube they have a vid on it. as of the cf shaft i can only dream of one for my v3i buti think its only a minelab thing

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I agree with christo - I got the smaller ATP coil and the difference in weight was amazing.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the CF shaft for my TDI here: Accuturn Manufacturing SuperLite Carbon Fiber Metal Detector Shaft for White’s and Minelab

Herb is great to work with, and his rods are of the highest quality. Even with the 12 inch dual field coil on my TDI, the weight difference is amazing.
Even though he doesn't list the AT Pro on his website, I'd give him a call to see what he can do for you.
Alternatively, there is a guy that sells CF rods on ebay - rods_by_plugger
He may be able to do something for you as well.

Good luck!

IMG_0755_tdi_zps9fea9d87.jpg

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site nice work to its gonna b hard to resist grabing one for my v3i hmmm

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice site nice work to its gonna b hard to resist grabing one for my v3i hmmm

Your issue there would be figuring out how to mount the control pod.
If you're just wanting a straight shaft for your V3i, simply replace the 'S' shaft with a straight section from White's. P/N 500-0288-1 for $19.95. That's what I did on my XL Pro and DFX.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh thanks im gonna play around with that idea

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread