NEL Coils.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read a few different posts in here regarding these coils, what I cant really seem to come across are some solid field results with the NEL coils on a couple different Garrett machines, the prices dont really scare me, its just wanting a high quality upgrade for my AT Pro.

Whos got one and your thoughts Please.

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Omega 8000 10'' / 12x13 NEL
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
AC500

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM sent.....Thanks.

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have tested the NEL Tornado on Teknetics Omega 8000.
the assembling was not so easy, the rod holder is very tight for the linkage on the coil, i worked rough on it. the link cable rubs after the assembling on the screw, maybe there is a danger source for the cableconnector. more weight is noticable, but i feel, that now the balance is better.
the tests, i made, proceeded how i expected, more depth and a little loss of stability to EMI. I use the NEL for large areas without heavy trash concentration. Discrimination has a little more challenge - the coil is larger than the standard. The standard coil I use in woods and areas with many obstacles.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how are the nels compare to the others like the dd or the sef

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are awesome, I've been using them for a few years, i have a total of 9... from teknetics, whites, fisher, minelab... all are perfect and much better than most stock coils..

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are awesome, I've been using them for a few years, i have a total of 9... from teknetics, whites, fisher, minelab... all are perfect and much better than most stock coils..

So are the nel's to the sef's whats ur opinión on those as of right now my sef coils have replaced my concentric,& dd coils

rekarstien

Aug 9, 2013
Glenolden PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega 11" DD coil vs Nels coil

Sorry, i can send you this doc via mail, if you want....

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

If you still have the document I would to see it. I have an Omega 8000 coming and I have been looking to put a Nels coil on it.

Sep 26, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings.

My son has a nel attack coil He got for Christmas for his at pro he loves it . It's heavy but the first time he used it we went to a house we had hunted several times. he found a 1864L Indian head in really good shape also a Seated 1/2 dime I don't remember the year. All I can say is I am getting me one. Going to hunt another place today where I got a Morgan and 2 cent piece.:icon_thumleft:

Regards Tennesseeminer

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEL vs. standard

here my comparison between the standard coil and the nel:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I have a nel storm 13x14 for my ace 250 if your interested in my results. If you are let me know. Just don't want to load your forum with test results if you want it only for the atpro

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got the NEL Tornado for my Teknetics Omega ...the build quality is in creditable ,the coil wire is the size of a fire hose and shields against EMI much Better than the stock coil... Not heavy at all...come with coil cover and plastic nut and bolt and Velcro...i can run the senc. @ 99 with the NEL in the house...never with the stock coil.
To much snow to go into the woods right now .....but it did air test in the house a Large Cent @ 16"... 99 senc. ,GB 26 and 1 disc.
Can wait to get it into the woods.
Gary

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary, i'm sure you got one from the newest productline. With a better shilded cable this coil must be a monster!

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
My experience is not so positive on my Minelab explorer or etrac. After allot test in the field and with different settings this coil is not rightly made for different field situation. Absolutely no point in this coil, or time and money wasting.

jingles373

Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, please, I am very interested. Looking to get another coil for my 250. Thank you. Post is in response to Fireguy.

elkoff

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2014
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how are the Nel Coils for the Garret AT Gold, and I seem to like the Tornado. Most of my detecting will be in the woods in Montana's gold country. So my searching is for gold only.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the NEL Hunter on my Coinmaster GT.. VDI not so accurate Depth so so.. still gota put some more time on it.. However, it does cover more ground at some depth than the stock 9" and I feel it was well worth the $115 for that alonge.. BTW was running wide open in an area with no EMI and was very stable.

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the nel hunter on my at gold and I have been using it for a few months it gets much better depth and discrimination than stock coils I have already found enough gold and silver to almost pay for my detector and coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread