Coil for Whites 6000

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a 4 inch Bounty Hunter coil with the Whites connector for it (see link below to find out where). These run at the same frequency as the Whites 5900's and 6000's and work fine. I use it on my Whites 5900 DI Pro sl.

There is a guy in Texas who makes these up using any of the Bounty Hunter coils (even the DD coils). East Texas Metal Detectors specializes in metal detector sales, service, and repair - East Texas Metal Detectors.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any suggestions on a small coil for a a whites 6000.

How small do you want to go, and what kind of environment?
The 350 sniper is pretty tiny, and works very well in very trashy environments.
The Blue Max 4x6 shooter is quite narrow, and will work better in heavily mineralized environments.
The Bullseye 5.3 is a little over half as big as your stock 950 coil. It won't get nearly the depth, but is a good compromise between target separation and ground coverage.
Finally, the Royal 800 is just a bit smaller than your stock 950, and will get very nearly the same depth with less weight and a bit smaller footprint.

OP
OP
junkfinder

junkfinder

Greenie
Jul 13, 2013
Been searching a couple of places that are pretty trashy and a local park.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the 800 for quite some time, but prefer the greater coverage and depth of the 950. This also means the difference between the 950 and the 5.3 is enough to qualify the 5.3 as a small coil. It is a good choice for parks and handles pretty well in trash. The tiny coils just give up too much depth to be used as a main coil, IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread