F2 versus Ace250. Which has more custom options?

Chlorophylliate

Aug 7, 2013
Western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,I own a f5 and quite happy with its capabilities. The f2 I am familiar with but not used one. I also have the ace 250 besides 2 Tesoro's. Unless I'm hunting an old yard I'll grab my 250 every time. Great detector for the money.

kw509

Sep 13, 2013
Hello all, kinda new to this forum, and looking for friendly advice. Ive been searching on kellyco ebay and amazon etc. and have come down to the ace250 and f2. I plan to keep whichever device i use for a while an pass it down. What i would like to do is choose the device that can be customized to extremes LOL. Anyone have a good suggestion? Ken

For the money ACE 250 will get you going. I got one used for $150 & it has been a great cheap detector. It will make you want to upgrade after 6 months or so!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither of these two detectors has a ground balance which is no big deal unless your have minimized ground.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy.

I started with a ACE 350... I can't speak for the Fisher, but I was happy with the Garrett and still have it as a backup machine, loaner, etc. It is a great, simple to use effective machine that you can learn the basics on then go from there.
Or you can stay casual with detecting and never outgrow it!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the 250 .....i like fisher, but the f2 has very little depth, even for a cheaper machine....

rplante

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same decision to make last spring and went with the Fisher F2. The reason; VDI display, pleasant tones, it's accurate and sensitive, very quick recovery speed, light and easy to swing and has additional coils available at a modest cost.

In my opinion you really can't beat the package prices for this machine and the included items have been really useful (even the much maligned free Pinpointer has worked really well for me). I would recommend the 2 coil package with the 4" sniper coil at minimum and at $215 or so it's a bargain.

Having said that the proof is in the pudding as they say. In my first season (7 months) I've found over 1300 coins, over a dozen rings (A couple gold w/ diamonds and a few silver), assorted necklaces and pendants and some pretty cool relics. I was able to cover the cost of the detector in my first season and that speaks well for the machine in my book.

I would agree that it's not the deepest machine but it's certainly deep enough for most and it's a just a blast to use.

Randy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions