Coil Cover???

waterdog

Sep 30, 2013
Just bought a new in the box Garrett AT PRO. I'm just wondering if it's really necessary to put a coil cover on it. I mean, in my mind, I already am good about taking good care of and cleaning my stuff real well. So what if there is a few scratches and scuffs on it. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. If some day later, I decide to sell and upgrade, will it truly effect the resale value?

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few scratches here and there, after a while they will keep adding. I look at it as cheap insurance and as a matter of personal preference. $600 for a detector, what's a $15 cover? JMHO.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You never need a coil cover, until you do..

Attachments

• vvv 001.jpg
    vvv 001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 351

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry ,besides a great web site,I find out you play Disc Golf,I like you even more now!

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not really sure why you would want to detect without a coil cover. Why take a chance of wearing the bottom of your coil off and if you are not getting your coil down close enough to the ground to touch it you are not getting the coil low enough. I know I wouldn't want to buy a detector/coil combo that had been run without a coil cover but then that is up to you.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea man....Its worth the 12 bucks or so...When i got my new 5x8 coil...first day out i put my detecotor down and it just barely tapped the gravel road i was near and took a tiny chip out....its worth it in my book.

Plus i hunt alot of Rocky areas...woods..things that will eff up the coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread