Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Batteries typically last for 20 hours plus, more if you use headphones. You don't need to carry an extra battery pack, just a pack of batteries. They are very easy to replace if needed.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 extra battery packs since I own 2 AT Pros. I always keep an extra pack with freshly charged batteries in my belt pack. Be careful if you buy an extra holder as the ones sold on eBay do not always fit and end up being too short. Garret actually sent me 2 extra battery holders when they sent me my replacement arm cuff to replace the one that broke. I asked them to send me the battery pack and bill me for them but they just sent then free of charge.
Great people there!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good idea to have an extra battery pack available as they are fairly fragile, I fumbled mine just one time and it cracked and would no longer hold the batteries well enough. No matter how I super glued it, it would always separate along the break and caused my machine to constantly turn off.

Garrett was as usual very helpful and sent a free replacement when I offered to buy one. Better to have 2. Garrett's customer service is 2nd to NONE!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep extra batteries.....Also dont use the headphones...But i have noticed that even with 1-2 bars on there..it still reads targets good ...ive found alot of good stuff on what appears to be dead batteries...Mine usally last about week and a half...so problaly 25-30 hours

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I get about 12 hours on a set of batteries ... I replace them when the battery indicator flickers between one and two bars. I have been using Panasonic AlkalinePlus that I get a four pack from the 99 cent store. I considered rechargable batteries, and still may if they run out of the four packs for a buck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread