ZAGG Detector Screen Protector

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before they had custom fit protectors I would just buy one of them for a tablet PC for $10 off the big auction place. I would then just trace it out and cut it out with a fresh razor blade. You can usually do a few machines this way. If you still have the factory plastic screen protector that can work as a template too.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I sent a detector in and it had water in it I go with cover now. But I may still put a cover on my screen as I like my stuff looking new. For some reason my digger wants to hit the screen when I take the digger out of my belt. Since I deal with some extreme heat, is there any certain brand that may hold up better instead of bargain piece? I have a nice machine and I have already had to repair the covers. I just like the best of the best sir as my wife calls it lol.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After I sent a detector in and it had water in it I go with cover now. But I may still put a cover on my screen as I like my stuff looking new. For some reason my digger wants to hit the screen when I take the digger out of my belt. Since I deal with some extreme heat, is there any certain brand that may hold up better instead of bargain piece? I have a nice machine and I have already had to repair the covers. I just like the best of the best sir as my wife calls it lol.

I've just used the Zagg brand not only on detectors but on smart phones and tablets. Never as issue with heat or cold, don't peel off. The real trick with any of them is to make sure the surface is clean and free of even dust specs before you lay it on. Otherwise you may notice slight bumps under the film.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZAGG makes an incredibly durable screen protector. I love the one on my E-Trac and I custom cut one for my CTX. I put one on a GPS before my iraq deployment and abused the hell out of it. It still has the same zagg cover on it and the screen is still like brand new underneath it.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I make my own out of heavy grade clear vinyl sold at wallmart for tablecloths. The material is soft and durable and cheap enouh to change anytime. I cut the shape then use thin strips of black duct tape to attach it to the display.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I place plastic sandwich bags over my mxt pro screen.The baggie slides right over , and fits snug.I buy a box of glad regular sandwich bags and they last awhile.Cheap way to go and even use produce and meat bags for the box cover.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread