Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I don't own either machine so no bias in my answer. If you plan to do a lot of wet detecting where you need a waterproof machine then the Garrett would be the way to go. If most of your detecting will be on dry ground or where you'll just get the coil and lower shaft wet I would purchase the Fisher F75 From all the research I've done the Fisher is a fantastic machine. And for me with the Fisher coming with a 5 year warranty and the Garrett a 2 year warranty, that's a big selling point to me.

I think you would be pleased with either machine once you mastered them. But the Fisher will allow you to do more, and again that extra 3 years of warranty is very nice! Let us know what you decide.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both great machines. The Fisher may be a bit easier on the swinging arm due to better ergonomics. But if you're planning water detecting where you may get the control box submerged even accidently, the AT Pro is the one. So, I think what everyone is saying is go for the one that suits your hunting locale. If I can help you, just PM or call. I love to discuss metal detecting.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the at-pro and in my opinion is the must over rated detector of the moment. I would buy the f75

OP
OP
cowboye

cowboye

Mar 24, 2014
Englewood Ohio, Davao City Philippines
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, & Minelab 800, & Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello
i bought the at pro, going to try it out for awhile
and maybe upgrade or buy another machine in a few months.
thanks for the help.

OP
OP
cowboye

cowboye

Mar 24, 2014
Englewood Ohio, Davao City Philippines
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, & Minelab 800, & Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014-03-26 19.19.17.jpg

my first hunt with the garrett at pro
its been atleast 20 years since i been coin hunting
using the garrett at pro is like cheating compare to what i was using then, (whites coin master)
i love this machine, i cant believe how deep it goes, i found a 22.hull or case about 10 in deep.
with a dime, and it was still going off.
got the machine yesterday,3-25-2014, and my first hunt i found 1.59, (4 quarters, 5 dimes, 9 pennies, (2 of them where wheat pennies, 1940,1951) in about 2 hours, ( very cold today, 29`)
just trying out new things with this detector and learning about the different modes.
thanks again for everyone's advice
love this machine

Last edited:

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gave us nothing to go on.
What kind of detecting?
Coin shooting?
Relic?
Prospecting?
Beach?
Casual or every day hard core?

Where?
When?

The Garrett is the better all-around unit.
A range of coils can help the Fisher be more casual friendly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gave us nothing to go on.
What kind of detecting?
Coin shooting?
Relic?
Prospecting?
Beach?
Casual or every day hard core?

Where?
When?

The Garrett is the better all-around unit.
A range of coils can help the Fisher be more casual friendly.
What dahut said.....

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the at-pro and in my opinion is the must over rated detector of the moment. I would buy the f75

Funny...I own both and In my opinion it's the F75 that's over rated.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehehe...:thumbsup:
And my opinion is the F70 is the happy marriage of both.

Not a option, however, if we stick to the OP's question.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I considered the f75, the AT Pro, and the f70.

Settled on the f70.

Great price/performance ratio.

It took some getting used to, but I've really come to appreciate it's strengths now that I understand it pretty well.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ive never owned a F75, but I do use the ATP and I'm very happy with it. Like anything, it takes a little bit to REALLY figure out what its telling you. These days, it seems like people like upgrading machines every month before they even understand how the old one worked. Most those people have zero patience and expect the machine to do all the work for them. It takes some common sense and knowledge of the area, as well as understanding what the machine is telling you.

Im over trying to give advice on what machine is better, it only causes people to point out that that ATP is a big seller and that its overrated...I just know im very happy with my finds over the last few years, which have increased every year.

Best of luck!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Fisher and a Tesoro. I bought them at the same time, brand-new, and the Fisher cost almost twice the cost of the Tesoro. I found more coins and jewelry with the Tesoro and loved using it.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Fisher and a Tesoro. I bought them at the same time, brand-new, and the Fisher cost almost twice the cost of the Tesoro. I found more coins and jewelry with the Tesoro and loved using it.
Weird... I've had Tesoros for years and wouldn't give up my F70 for anything.

puja joshi

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2018
India
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Recently I have bought Garrett Ace 400. It is one of the best models from Garrett. This is able to detect all kind of metals like gold, coins, and jewelry as well. You can call this the upgradation of the last version from Garrett Ace 300. There are many advanced features compared to that model.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a tough one. I've had them both. The AT Pro is no slouch. It's popular for a reason. On the other hand the F75 is in another league when it comes to all around performance and sensitivity. If you're going to get wet, the AT Pro. If an edge in performance is what you're after and you don't care about submerging in water, the F75

Bigdog1956

May 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
☠ Cipher;6102855 said:
This is a tough one. I've had them both. The AT Pro is no slouch. It's popular for a reason. On the other hand the F75 is in another league when it comes to all around performance and sensitivity. If you're going to get wet, the AT Pro. If an edge in performance is what you're after and you don't care about submerging in water, the F75

I would go with the At Pro . They have the best customer I have ever seen in 40yrs. I stripped a cam lock under warranty. They shipped it out I had it in two days.

Customer service like that is very rare.:occasion14::notworthy:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread