My upgraded, modified Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Branden

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2013
Central, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My switch went bad in this one after two hunts, like many other people had happen to them. I went to radioshack bought a new switch and a micro vibration motor. The switch itself fixed the problem but I got carried away. Made it a corded pinpointer out of a little cat5 cable and a piece of pex, this is kind of the prototype and I say that because I know my brother and father-in-law are gonna want this done :D. I ended up adjusting the sensitivity, it can get a coin from over a inch away now. The switch is always on/always off switch and the vibration motor is mounted inside the pex. It really works great the only thing left is figure out a way to hang it on my detector, I'm thinking possibly velcro strapping for easy removal. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions about doing this to yours go ahead and shoot.
IMG_20140506_172203908[1].jpg

mcockrell

Greenie
Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks awesome! can you post some details about you made it?

you could possibly get a knife sheath and tie strap it to the arm of the detector?

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks cool. As mccockrell asked, can you post some details? Especially how you increased the sensitivity.

Thanks.

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strap it to the top of your wrist and make it flick out like Wolverine's claws. One could be the pin pointer, another could be your coin popper, etc. There should also be some sort of holder for Slim Jims (or beef jerky) on the underside.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread