California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a new product on the market, that (completely) covers a pinpointer...!
I am not promoting any product, but I urge you to check out the variety of good
covers, for (most) major models of pin pointers that are currently sold. Made in the UK, I believe

Protective covers for pinpointer - a field test and review

Where to buy a good protective cover for your pro-pointer, but (see the above video first)
papadoody on eBay

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phallus? that is a bit of a stretch. I seems like this product answers a lot of questions of those who have the problem with dirt in the switches and speaker cover. There should be some strong interest especially with the Gpp owners that have been plagued with wet hands and mud causing issues with the speaker and switch. If it keeps you out there hunting with equipment still working I am all for that.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to walk around with a condom on an already phallus device.

How about then just using it as is without the addition of a condom. The general appearance after minimal use is that of a pin pointer with a cover and a soil covered exterior. Maybe it is the baby blue tone that bothers you? This seems to be a needed product that definitely addresses a problem many have mentioned.

OP
OP
eyemustdigtreasure

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm convinced that this lil gem will keep out the real fine DUST and WETNESS that finally claims most pinpointers (unless someone goops-up a probe with silicone)!!
I'd want my probe still under warranty - unmodified. Besides, the provider for the covers has alternate colors available, and lanyard attachments. Check it out, but first see the video (above), then on Ebay, see the whole line of products for most pinpointers available.

mobilius

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
I actually bought a can of cold dip rubber like you dip pliers handles in. It works great and won't slip off

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my GPP a lot, and its almost as good as new. I don't just ram it into the hole. I use it with a sense of care and respect, and I wipe it off after I am done. Wait... are we still talking about pin-pointers?

TunnelRat

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps a non-lubercated condom or balloon would work as a dust cover.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I got myself a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT so I don't worry too much about muck on it, but I do see a tad of wear on the point area developing. I opted for a cheap cover that is easily replaced as it is medical tape about 2 inches wide and I placed it up one side and down the other. I saw wear on the tape even trying to be gentile with it so covers are a good idea if they don't fall off or loosen. I like the dipping idea, but my idea is quick, cheap, and easily replaced.

Also to add, I love this pinpointer.

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tool dip,, get in blue or red works great.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For tip wear,on your pinpointer put a layer of amazing"amazing goop"on there.
That stuff is really amazing. And put a piece of scotch tape over the speaker hole,you'll still hear it.

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a new product on the market, that (completely) covers a pinpointer...!
I am not promoting any product, but I urge you to check out the variety of good
covers, for (most) major models of pin pointers that are currently sold. Made in the UK, I believe

Protective covers for pinpointer - a field test and review

Where to buy a good protective cover for your pro-pointer, but (see the above video first)
papadoody on eBay

I have something very much like that on both of my Garrett Pro Pointers. After getting mud in the speaker slots a few times, and sending it in to be replaced, I got these. Very happy, been using it all season, no problems, not worried about mud, wet, etc.easy clean up. Mine are yellow, got them on Ebay........................very, very happy with them!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a Garrett Carrot.
Garrett Carrot.PNG

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes that would solve your problems with , dust , dirt & water ...

Already had two of the old ones, before the carrott came out. But I would buy one if I was looking for a new one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread