dingding

Jul 31, 2014
n.c.
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I have an Ace 350 that I would like to extend the length of the cable from the coil to the control box. There are a lot of beaches and sandbars in and around the lakes in my area that I would like to hunt, but Id like to be able to get my detector deeper under the surface of the water. I want to move the control on my detector off the shaft and strap it to my shoulder or possibly headphones. I need to extend the cable about 3 feet. I would prefer not to splice it if possible. I plan to put shrink tube over the connection (so I can remove it if I want to) and then another piece of 3m shrink tube with the adhesive/sealant inside over that to seal it. So I have been looking for a cable with 5 pin male connector on one end and female on the other. Radio Shack told me it is a 5 pin DIN cable that I should be able to find online. I have found some online that look like what I need but am not sure if just any 5 pin DIN will do. I contacted Garrett and they told me they no longer sell the cable alone and that it is proprietary so they cant give me any direction on what kind of cable to buy. I was hoping someone with some knowledge could give me some advice on a brand or type to look for and/ or a source. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
mark

Thead

Jul 16, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, Surf PI Pro, BeachHunter ID, Sovereign GT and Excalibur 1000 (my favorite)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am not familiar with your brand of detector but you probably need something like this:

Workman EX5 5 PIN CB Radio Mike Microphone Extension Cord Cable | eBay

If this cable has the correct connectors for your detector, you will have to modify the wiring so that it is straight thru for each pin (pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc.).

This cable is typically used when extending coil cables on Minelab products.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my 350 and was thinking of trying to modify it to be water proof, but in the end decided to invest in an AT Pro which is waterproof and has been great for me. All the best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread