Excalibur II modifications

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When my warranty on my Excalibur II expires I am looking to have the headphones modified and possibly look to be able to interchange coils. Here is my problem. I have zero experience with assembly or disassembly of electronics. I work in surgery as a surge tech. So who is out there that is reputable and can do the modifications for me, and what would be the cost for the mentioned modifications?

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN has a video on replacing the headphone housing with a better one. I did it and was fairly easy. It doesn't require and wiring change. You can do a search on utube

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm retiring from the mods n repair department on the Excalibur but Barry at Kellyco can help....

They don't have a direct line, you call Kellyco and ask for Barry in their Minelab Repair center. # 888 535-5926 or if local call 407 599-8700..

I'm a fulltime treasure hunter now, also will be doing a few kits for those that are handy, and my in the field research will continue for improving the Excalibur performance.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, are you still finding treasures.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
October is Family month but will be back out Nov 6th digging in the water.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm retiring from the mods n repair department on the Excalibur but Barry at Kellyco can help.... They don't have a direct line, you call Kellyco and ask for Barry in their Minelab Repair center. # 888 535-5926 or if local call 407 599-8700.. I'm a fulltime treasure hunter now, also will be doing a few kits for those that are handy, and my in the field research will continue for improving the Excalibur performance.

Wish you luck relaxing and hunting. Thanks for all your help and videos with the information you've provided for us to keep or excals going.
Be safe and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread