Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you taking about how the threshold sometimes holds the last target's tone, if so I personally do not know of any mod for that. It has never bothered me as a null or another target corrects it as does a sweep of your scoop..

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Yes that's the one. To gain the best out of any machine, it is always best to have the threshold properly tuned, and pitch hold never allows that. The pith will change off false signals as well, lots of waving your scoop, I can't be bothered to wave the scoop over the coil every second and even then, the threshold is not accurate. Sigh...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it can't be changed. You could glue a coin to the toe of your shoe and use that to "reset" the tone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never worry about it, detector still works properly, I have found deep gold rings during this threshold tone.

Last edited:

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't want glue a coin a carabiner clipped in your shoe lace should do the trick:thumbsup:.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
No need to use a coin in the shoe or swing past the scoop...

Just get the remote PP.... with a quick toggle over and back it returns the smooth threshold. I did it a lot when hunting in discriminate to get rid of that crazy buzz this summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions