Screen Protection and Sun Visor for most machines for under 25 cents

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice engineering solution to a real world problem. Thank you for sharing.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Very nicely done!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.
One small improvement would be using Black Gaffers tap rather than Duct tape. Flat black color looks less .. well duct taped... This of course assumes you have Gaffers tape in stock..
If you don't and have never heard of it or used it, buy a roll, you will NEVER use PVC Duct tape again!
Best Price on Gaffers Tape

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Nice.
One small improvement would be using Black Gaffers tap rather than Duct tape. Flat black color looks less .. well duct taped... This of course assumes you have Gaffers tape in stock..
If you don't and have never heard of it or used it, buy a roll, you will NEVER use PVC Duct tape again!
Best Price on Gaffers Tape
I just used what I had. I was thinking about Camo tape. I'll check out your Gaffers tape. Thanks!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After additional thought I think gaffers tape would sag. It is more flexible that pvc coated duct tape so maybe not an improvement for this application since you are depending on the tape being ridged to dome extent..
For most other things it is better!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use baggies sandwich bags for my mxt all pro screen fits perfect and meat department freezer bag for the box have to remove arm cuff slide bag over box and rod it will leave a hole for the arm cuff to slide on remove the coil plug from box wrap excess bag around rod and tape cut hole for coil plug and headphones and if you use dbl aa battery that can become a problem in the field if batteries die I solved that by buying the hp 3100 battery pack and when it comes time to change freezer bag then you can recharge battery . The one good thing about the hp 3100 charge it once and it keeps going and going and . Cheap way but any idea will work .vanzutphen .I will double the freezer bags most of the time.

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The shrink bags would work super on your meter. I love my 3100rnb battery on my etrac. I may have charged it three times in six months

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
People say they are expensive but the 3100 works fine for me .But after going thru all the dbl aa and the battery pack and charger for the mxt it just dosent hold a charge long enough if you are doing some hard detecting. That is why I purchased it also. Now im not cutting anyone down but if you can afford to get this battery you will see the difference and if not the old way has been up and running for years with no problems.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions