IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there a simple option change the whites idx on multitone?

No,if there were you likely would see ALOT more people using them. Run zero disc,black sand,sens as high as you can and still stable and keep your eyes glued to the screen. I have 2 detectors,both modified IDX Pros. Never used anything else,doubt I ever will. There's too much hype about this and that and the other....I'm tired of it,to be quite honest. If there's some "magic machine" that will find so much more,one had better re-assess their skills. These machines are fast and the ID is second to NONE. With the 5.3 coil I can hit 8" dimes all day long. With the 950 I can dig bottle caps over a foot,just did it this morning,again. I don't have enough time with the 8" coil to tell you much there. The 5.3 is ridiculous in its separating abilities,and to get that kind of depth from that size a coil is impressive anywhere.
Tones are great,but the job can be done without them if you have the skills and patience. Trusting the machine is key!

BuddhaPie

Apr 14, 2018
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Pirate- Black Pearl, Mr. Bills IDX, Modded Tesoro Conquistador Umax, Modded Tesoro Cibola w/ HOT cleansweep, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is certainly a way to do this, I do not know how or where to find someone who can but a low tone for iron would be beneficial to running this machine in all metal as the ID still displays in all metal mode. My Classic IDX is a Mr. Bills modded by me, and I can think of nothing better than to have that low iron grunt. I have found some youtube videos of some IDX with a two tone mod so it is possible. I wish i could bribe a Whites tech to do it for me.

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a bone stock IDX pro and I absolutely love it. I’m not sure about multi-tones but I, too, imagine there’s got to be some way to do it. With all of these modifications and upgrades, there’s gotta be someone who has done it. Just my 2 cents...

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two IDX's. I had only heard of them, and that they were a good machine,.....

A good friend gave me one that had Mr. Bill's mod already done.
No coil.

One by one I rounded up nice coils starting with a thin 950.

Honestly, without a doubt, the IDX has become one of my very favorite machines.

IDX Coils 1.jpg

IDX Coils 2.jpg

IDX Coils 3.jpg

IDX Coils 4.jpg

IDXs and Coils.jpg

I do know a guy that had managed to come up with an LCD display that could be added to
any analog machine. It gave a numerical read out, also symbols.

Like a trash can for trash.

I have one of these readouts, but the guy flaked out on sending the instructions to wire it in.
Same unit works on any of the analog machines.

I wanted to try it on the IDX so as to have a "Second Opinion".

It was based on the arduino unit.

I'll bet using an arduino board a number of things could be added to the IDX.

There are arduino projects that "any member here" could do at their desk or kitchen table.

And now a days, for just a few dollars.

There is something to stay occupied in the off season.

Pull out the soldering iron and work on a project.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a picture of that LCD display readout kit for analog machines.

LCD Display.JPG

Problem being, the guy never sent the wiring instructions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions