Whites TRX speaker

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
use head phones.. Seriously.. most folks find they have a hard time hearing the TRX ..Personally my thumb is aways on the sound outlet and I have to move it so I can hear it.. ..Put your thumb on the hole when using it...

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
I've already taped it up and filled somewhat (still too loud), I'm hoping you can just disable it cleanly or snip a wire, something like that.

The noise doesn't annoy me personally, I don't want others to hear it for christ's sake!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TRX comes apart for replacement of the outer shell.
I suppose if you really don't want it to beep you could disconnect one of the wires that go to the speaker.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sound driver is part of the board, you could put tape over the top of the cylinder that directs the sound to the hole.. see photo

Guts.jpg

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
The sound driver is part of the board, you could put tape over the top of the cylinder that directs the sound to the hole.. see photo

View attachment 1137064

Thanks, I assumed the circle/cylinder on the left is the speaker, had put tape over it and more tape. It will have to do, unless I can safely pull apart the speaker. Maybe once warranty runs out.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps while you have it apart like in the picture above you could put a wad of cotton over the speaker to muffle the sound. Then put it back together with a few wraps of black electrical tape over the speaker hole. That way you won't void the warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Perhaps while you have it apart like in the picture above you could put a wad of cotton over the speaker to muffle the sound. Then put it back together with a few wraps of black electrical tape over the speaker hole. That way you won't void the warranty.

Did that a few days ago, makes little difference if any. I guess I might as well fiddle around with covering it in different ways.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound resonates from both sides of a speaker. Perhaps try the cotton ball on both sides of the speaker. You may still be able to hear it but take it outside and test to see if someone else could hear it from 10-20 feet away from you. I doubt you will be metal detecting that close to anyone. If they can't hear it, mission accomplished.

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine just started failing, could hardly hear the thing last night.. want to trade?

OP
OP
Detector Wars

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Sound resonates from both sides of a speaker. Perhaps try the cotton ball on both sides of the speaker. You may still be able to hear it but take it outside and test to see if someone else could hear it from 10-20 feet away from you. I doubt you will be metal detecting that close to anyone. If they can't hear it, mission accomplished.

Interesting, I'll test it and see.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the speaker, I think the metal diaphragm has come unglued. I pulled the guts out and pressed the battery in place to operate it and I could see the metal piece bouncing up and down as it just about made a clicking noise.. Pushed on it with a nail and then it got louder but not like it should be. Mine was 41 according to the number written on the board (I assume that is what the number means) as I bought it when first released..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions