Are there two models of the Rapoo H3070 wireless setup?

wingryder

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2011
Looking on Amazon at the Rapoo H3070 to go wireless. I see most listings are about 40.00, but there is one that is 21.00 with the same model number H3070. Has three pictures attached.. and one is with the separate transmitter needed for the detector.

Only difference I can see is the cheaper one says "built in " microphone and the higher priced version just says microphone.

Even though the correct item is pictured.. I pretty sure the 21.00 version will not come that way. I am pretty sure it is a mislabeled H3050 which I think uses a nano version of the transmitter to plug into usb port on pc. Any thoughts.?

wingryder

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

wingryder

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2011
Doug you lost me.. What link problem? What other post are you talking about? And explain how this setup lets you use other headphones.
I would assume the "receiver" is built in the headphones provided. How would you use this receiver in other headphones? (would be great to feed some higher quality ones with the rapoo receiver. )

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The 21 dollar ones ship from China. You may be on the hook for import fees, I don't know.They seem the same in pics.
If Macktrem is legit as they say they are Rapoo should confirm they do business with each other if there is further doubt. (WWW.rapoo.com)
The ones around forty(H3070) bought from a stateside importer are what I use for detecting, with an separate (several dollar, Koss)added inline volume control in addition to the stock one. Not to control volume as much as signal strength.

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug you lost me.. What link problem? What other post are you talking about? And explain how this setup lets you use other headphones.
I would assume the "receiver" is built in the headphones provided. How would you use this receiver in other headphones? (would be great to feed some higher quality ones with the rapoo receiver. )

The link to the other thread I posted says "Ear Buds".. I was trying to showing you the transmitter and receiver comb that I use rather than dedicated "Wireless Phones".
Amazon.com: Signstek 0.2W Portable Stereo FM Transmitter Power Long Broadcast Range Adjustable Frequency 87~108MHz and 76~90MHz (Optional): Electronics
http://www.amazon.com/Sangean-DT-400.../dp/B0012YHQVE

The portable belt clip radio has a 1/8" headphone jack so you can plug anything into it... If you have regular MD head phones you like, they can be plugged into the radio with an adapter if need be. Gray Ghosts sound as good as my in-ears, I just hate over ear head phones. Yes it cost more but it is much more flexible and the transmitter is far more powerful. Just an alternative to a fixed set of phones that you may or may not like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wingryder

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2011
thanks to you both. I feel pretty dumb.. did not even register that as a link. I ordered a set of the 21.00 version through Amazon. Will see what I get.
And Airscapes.. I have tried some broadcast fm setups and not been happy but I am sure you are using a better quality than I have. Oh well trying to improve the equipment is almost as much fun as hunting itself.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to you both. I feel pretty dumb.. did not even register that as a link. I ordered a set of the 21.00 version through Amazon. Will see what I get.
And Airscapes.. I have tried some broadcast fm setups and not been happy but I am sure you are using a better quality than I have. Oh well trying to improve the equipment is almost as much fun as hunting itself.
Yes, most micro fm transmitters are not powerful enough to be clear and you get static when you put your MD down or move more and a couple of feet. However this one works Very well even on the lowest setting if there is not to much conflict with other stations and on the second output setting will over ride that conflict. Good luck with the phone!

OP
OP
W

wingryder

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2011
Well the Rapoo H3070 came today and I gave it a quick try on my AT Pro. Overall for first go I am about a 6/10 on it vs headphones. No cord is very very nice, audio quality is good but not as good. This is first time out try so further experience might help. I do have the inline volume control on it. I will say it sure improves the pinpointing of my small garrett coil. When you drag it back while wiggling... a shallow coin will be right under the front of coil when the audio drops out. Much more precise than any of my headphones doing the same thing.

On a side note... could not make it sound anywhere usable on my Whites XLT. Have loaned out my Tesoro Eldorado so will check how it works on it in a few days.

Last edited:

jamiefind

Oct 4, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, wireless ear receiver, Lesche digging tool & sod cutter, Lesche T-handle HD shovel, home-built 1/4" sifter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the Rapoo H3070 came today and I gave it a quick try on my AT Pro. Overall for first go I am about a 6/10 on it vs headphones. No cord is very very nice, audio quality is good but not as good. This is first time out try so further experience might help. I do have the inline volume control on it. I will say it sure improves the pinpointing of my small garrett coil. When you drag it back while wiggling... a shallow coin will be right under the front of coil when the audio drops out. Much more precise than any of my headphones doing the same thing.

On a side note... could not make it sound anywhere usable on my Whites XLT. Have loaned out my Tesoro Eldorado so will check how it works on it in a few days.

Curious how this has worked out for you, wingryder. I'm currently using an Ace 350 with very cheap on-ear Panasonic headphones with inline volume control. I really want a discrete wireless setup. Also need to retain some form of inline volume control to reduce the Ace's screaming-loud default volume, but I'm sure I'll just have to add a standalone inline volume control in between the Ace and the transmitter. (?) Any wisdom/experience would be appreciated.

Also, is interference with the metal detector an issue?

Thanks

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a Koss inline volume control on a 350 .
Works fine.
Plug it's wire into the control box,wire tie the excess wire bundle to shaft and another wire tie through clip on back of volume control. Plug transmitter into it and loosely wire tie transmitter to shaft, wire tie angles across it diagonally just tight enough to be able to remove it.
(I mounted the volume control a couple inches below control box on front of shaft.)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the Rapoo's with my GTI-2500.

They work pretty good most of the time. The volume is not a problem, you have a control on the headset and my volume control on the detector.

They don't seem to have any delay, and I dearly love the cordless feature.

With today's micro technology, cords should completely disappear-

I do experience a 'drop out' of sound after a couple of hours of use. They go 'blank' for a second here and there and I have to re-sweep the area. I'm happy to tolerate that because I don't have a stupid cord in the way.

They charge up quickly tho, so plug 'em in for 10 minutes and go again.

I give them a pretty good rating-

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 11.47.42 AM.png

wmpwi

Sep 24, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using those too and I've also experienced that 'drop out'. I find it pretty annoying, but I hadn't noticed that it happened more after I've been using them for a while.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm using those too and I've also experienced that 'drop out'. I find it pretty annoying, but I hadn't noticed that it happened more after I've been using them for a while.

Are you running an inline volume control?
It is not used for volume control ,but signal input....to reduce distortion and slamming a signal..
Transmitter may lack a, or not have a sufficient gain control.

Not my concept. Research before buying Rapoo's turned up another detectorist's review .

Last edited:

wmpwi

Sep 24, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you running an inline volume control?
It is not used for volume control ,but signal input....to reduce distortion and slamming a signal..
Transmitter may lack a, or have a sufficient gain control.

Not my concept. Research before buying Rapoo's turned up another detectorist's review .

No, I've only used the volume control available in the headset. You pose a very interesting possibility and I'll have to explore it. I wonder if adding an inline 6kohm resistor would have the same effect. I think that would be an easy, cheap, less bulky experiment I can may be able to pull off before finding a suitable inline volume control. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread