Garrett AT Pro Headphone Adapter Mounting

ohlode

Sep 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
GB2, MXT, GB Pro
Probably not an original idea but after reviewing different ways to mount the adapter this is what I came up with: DSC02492 (1280x782).jpg I don't much like the uncomfortable (feel and fit) of the Garrett standard phones so my alternate 1/4" jack phones adapt easily with the female adapter jack mounted on the left side of the rest to avoid most of the dirt and grime if mounted below. I can also just switch the phones off if I want to use the speaker without disconnecting the phones. The cord space at the handle is so I don't touch or feel the cord. Used the end of a plastic screw anchor to cover the sharp mounting screw tip. Works great and the bottom clip is there if the Garrett phones are to be used. Much longer and more expandable headphone cord so I can lay the detector down and work w/o the detector pulling on the phones. Since I'm right handed, I run the phone cord right to left over my chest (cord entry is on left ear muff) and it's less obtrusive that way. Works like a champ for me...

Whiterook

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Pro
Gold Bug II
Minelab GPX 4800
Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the same adapter because I didn't like leaving my headphones attached to the detector.. This adapter let me quickly unplug my headphones (I use my headphones from a previous detector) and carry in my accessary bag. I removed the arm rest and foam grip and ran the cord through the grip and then slide the grip back on. The cord is now inside the foam grip. This way I don't have that loop in the cord where the grip is. As long as I don't submerge the detector over the 1/4 inch plug at the end of the handle its still waterproof and everything is good to go. I rarely do any in the water searches over a foot deep so its not a factor.

Last edited:

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where could i find the headphone adapter cord?

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazon has it for $36, with 'Prime' shipping.

Or, perhaps you can look into this:

1f6a5be82dda14601775fbd3b3c1e6b2.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread