Hand grip coverings?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google Grip Buddies or visit a motorcycle shop and ckeck out what they have for grip wraps.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had to do a handle on a metal detector but I did on a bowfishing bow. I used Tennis Racket wrapping. It does not get slick when wet and is kinda cushiony. I wrapped it and then used black electrical tape to keep it from unraveling.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the self sticking medical ace bandage type stuff.
Been using it for years and my oem grips look new because of that.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Vet wrap... Available in a zillion colors if your into aesthetics and such, too.

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. Ironically,after my wife's surgery a few weeks ago , she was sent home with a good size roll of something similar to the Vetwrap. I tried it on my T2 handle and it seems to hold up really well. Now I am going to look for it in woodland camo. Great stuff! I highly recommend it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread