micmccon

Greenie
Jan 9, 2017
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350 Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I am jumping in late on this but on my Garrett Ace 350, I found the headphone connector to be very inconveniently located and generally an annoyance. That said, I made a patch cable relocating the headphone jack to under the arm cuff where I can more easily unplug the headphones and get fewer cable snags. With the headphones unplugged and my patch cable plugged into the original jack, no audio comes out of the speaker. I must pull the plug out of the detector (which is no big deal) altogether to get audio from the internal speaker. As long as anything at all is plugged into the Jack I get no audio. A bare TRS plug should not change the resistance enough to do that in my way of thinking. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigfish313

Nov 11, 2013
El Cerrito CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We need a picture of your setup. My AT Pro does not have a TRS plug. Did you add that?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We need a picture of your setup. My AT Pro does not have a TRS plug. Did you add that?

Exactly. Mixing apples with oranges here. AT Pro does not have a TRS jack. It's a whole different animal relying on impedance to switch the external speaker off when the headphones are plugged in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread