Adding a Backlight

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They sell at Walmart in the sporting goods dept for $8 it was on sale at Christmas for $5 a Winchester brand light for checking gun bores single led with flexible shaft takes 2 AA batteries. Easy to attach to shaft and you don't void your warranty.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can also get a small LED light and a piece of velcro, it works great and you don't have to open your machine! Or you can just wear a head lamp and you wouldn't have to worry about it :laughing7: and you can see what's in the hole as well.

just my 2 cents

PTP

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting.. The coinmaster GT I just bought has a built in back light.. I thought to myself before i bought it.. wth would you need to be searchin for in the dark.. but now I get it, and glad it has it.. Head mounted LED is also a good thing to have, watch the display and see what you are digging..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread