Upgrade coil or AT pro

Tony290515

Tenderfoot
Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i bought a garrett ace 300i and was just looking for a bit of advice. I bought it to see if i would like the hobby and now im addicted. I want to get my first upgrade but i dont know wether to upgrade the coil to a nel tornado or just go straight to upgrading the machine. Ive had the garrett ace for about 2 months now and its been brilliant thats why im wondering if i should just upgrade the coil.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tony - I have been digging since 1977... I had a Ace 350 and an AT Pro with every coil imaginal ... (both new) and sold them both because they mask so many good targets. There are many great higher end detectors. i would buy a new Fisher F75 with all of the new DST etc etc.

I use 3 different ones based on how trashy an area is.

New DST F75SE
New Minelab Etrac
New Whites MXT All Pro

All with all of the coils...

Its like fishing poles. You can use one for every kind of fish.

Hope this helps?

Gary from Oregon

OP
OP
T

Tony290515

Tenderfoot
Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info masterjedi i will look more closely at the othee makes and models before making a decision.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say its been brilliant.. If it aint broke don't fix it lol

Top Member Reactions