Need help finding this mod

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ChaseJax: I used to make these as far back as the 70's You don't even have to open the detector. It plugs into the audio ear jack.
All that is required is a led, a resistor, a jack and a diode. Basically you use the diode to change the audio to a pulsed dc signal to light the led. You might want to add a cap for smoother light. The louder the audio the brighter the led. You would have to measure the min and max audio rectified signal and choose a resistor so as not to blow the led. You solder the led amd resistor inside the audio jack and plug into the earphone jack. If you still want to use earphones you will have to add a 2nd jack for the led or solder it into the earphone circuit. I could figure the circuit for you but your audio out might be different. I have a Coinmaster GT, Fisher F75, Whites DFX, a Garrett GTA 1000 and a Whites Eagle Sl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread