Coinmaster GT Lithium Battery

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my Coinmaster GT in competition hunts for the last couple of years. I just bought a Fisher F75 LTD and had it moded. I will still use the Coinmaster for hunts as I like how it feels and I am comfortable with it and I think the Fisher is overkill for 2-3" coins Anyway the Coinmaster takes 8 AA batteries and I decided I wanted to change them out for lithium. I spent a lot of time to find a 11.1v lithium polymer pack that would fit 99% were too big. I finally found a 2800 mah pack that I could fit in the battery trey and still remove it. It just plugs in like the old one. I had to gut the holder to fit the battery, so I bought a spare so I can still use AA's if necessary. The battery cost about $16 and the new AA holder cost $15. If anybody is interested I can supply pictures and sources. All in all it works great.

Last edited:

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my Coinmaster GT in competition hunts for the last couple of years. I just bought a Fisher F75 LTD and had it moded. I will still use the Coinmaster for hunts as I like how it feels and I am comfortable with it and I think the Fisher is overkill for 2-3" coins Anyway the Coinmaster takes 8 AA batteries and I decided I wanted to change them out for lithium. I spent a lot of time to find a 11.1v lithium polymer pack that would fit 99% were too big. I finally found a 2800 mah pack that I could fit in the battery trey and still remove it. It just plugs in like the old one. I had to gut the holder to fit the battery, so I bought a spare so I can still use AA's if necessary. The battery cost about $16 and the new AA holder cost $15. If anybody is interested I can supply pictures and sources. All in all it works great.
I would definitely be interested.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely be interested.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I have since replaced the pack with 3 18650 cells wired in series. Lasts forever supplies approx 5 amps.

Last edited:

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit us with some pics! I did the 9 cell, 1.2v per cell mod for the MXT years ago. I'd love to see what you came up with for the GT!

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit us with some pics! I did the 9 cell, 1.2v per cell mod for the MXT years ago. I'd love to see what you came up with for the GT!
correction, I used 3

Attachments

• 20221025_204813.jpg
    20221025_204813.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread