doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen these on ebay and wondering has anyone used any of these on their metal detectors.

States that it would be a low cost way to reduce EMI & RFI electronic interference noise into your metal detector from external elements.
I states it allows you run higher gain/sensitivity on most detectors..?? while reducing noise or chatter associated with running high gain settings.

Is this true???????

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibility! If you're having interference problems, try spraying your coil with a little "Static Guard". Yeah, sounds kinda corny but was having issues with an older detector swinging through a field of dry grass that had been cut. Someone suggested it was static from the grass. Said what the heck tried it & it appeared to work on two different machines. Like I said, it sounds corney but they can't shoot you for trying. Another tip, if you have a skid cover on your coil, pull it off clean inside with a damp rag. Put the cover back on and seal the crack with a tidy little bead of silicone sealant. Guess that powdery dust can interfere or pick up a charge. Let us know if it helps!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Worthless! Total scam. :skullflag:

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
If they are worthless, why does Minelab use them on all of their CTX3030 coils?

Why add cost or un-needed parts to the coils?

Attachments

• CTX 3030 coil connector..bmp
    180.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Here is the thing. Ferrite cores are effective for certain frequencies. If you dont get the right one, it won't work. I was just recently looking into something like this and I needed more experimentation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread