Multi-model folding metal detector modification kit. I made one. Anyone interested?

dw373

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 350, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have modified my AT Pro and my Ace 350 md's which allows them to fold in seconds to a length of 27.5" !

The mod looks like it came from the factory and should work on any AT or Ace model. I am looking now at what other brands & models it will work with.

I can now fit my detector in a 30" case or slingbag, backpack, etc... Much easier to transport especially in a small vehicle or motorcycle.

Would anyone be interested in this mod if I made a kit available with the components, hardware and instructions?

If so, what would be a reasonable price? Keep in mind I have to make a profit.

Sorry that I can't post photos at this point, I am looking to patent the modification. Photos and/or a video will be available before I start selling the kits.

I would certainly appreciate opinions & questions.

Thanks & keep diggin!

Dan Willis

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Require to be charter member to sell anything on TNet.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my HO,BUT.... if you think you have an idea worthy of a patent, you shouldn't be posting pictures or videos because your idea will be ripped off in a heartbeat. Patent protection will be too late. Sounds like a great idea, I for one,would be interested. Good luck with your idea.
HH
dts

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett already came equipped for that. Loosen cam shaft nut, shorten rod. OR disconnect coil, remove shaft etc. All kinds of fun things, all WITHOUT added components, hardware and instructions. Are you trying to invent a better mouse trap dw. ?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have modified my AT Pro and my Ace 350 md's which allows them to fold in seconds to a length of 27.5" !

The mod looks like it came from the factory and should work on any AT or Ace model. I am looking now at what other brands & models it will work with.

I can now fit my detector in a 30" case or slingbag, backpack, etc... Much easier to transport especially in a small vehicle or motorcycle.

Would anyone be interested in this mod if I made a kit available with the components, hardware and instructions?

If so, what would be a reasonable price? Keep in mind I have to make a profit.

Sorry that I can't post photos at this point, I am looking to patent the modification. Photos and/or a video will be available before I start selling the kits.

I would certainly appreciate opinions & questions.

Thanks & keep diggin!

Dan Willis

Sell your mod to Garrett, not us. It's a cute idea, but if you only sell a couple of dozen, you'll never make back the thousands spent on the patent, trademark, etc. Do you really have the money you'll need to sue the guy that makes a miniscule change to your design and starts selling it with a huge marketing budget? We have been at this for 45-years, and we have all seen "great" ideas come and go.. :skullflag:

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sell your mod to Garrett, not us. It's a cute idea, but if you only sell a couple of dozen, you'll never make back the thousands spent on the patent, trademark, etc. Do you really have the money you'll need to sue the guy that makes a miniscule change to your design and starts selling it with a huge marketing budget? We have been at this for 45-years, and we have all seen "great" ideas come and go.. :skullflag:
Yes Terry you hit the nail right on the head with that patented hammer!

OP
OP
D

dw373

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
NE Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 350, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Just making the mousetrap more portable. I dont want to carry a bag around that's 50" long and looks like it may have a sniper rifle in it. Plus i can pack it faster ans easier on my motorcycle.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan, we require members be a charter members to sell or advertise their ebay sales.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done for persisting. Im trying to think if I would use it. The Fisher F75 and Technetics are fairly long. I normally break mine down to store in a backpack when hiking but a foldable unit may work well. Good luck.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread